- Last checked December 2016. All posts present and correct but a couple of signs and symbols on the posts, although still there,would benefit from some new paint.
- Note that if you are using a pre-September 2016 map, control W has been moved South to be more accessible, P has been moved East across the path to become visible, E has been moved NW across the path to a newly-mapped single tree. Descriptions for M,N,O have also been changed.
- Feedback (Marcus, 24/9/16): Did red course. All posts present and correct, enjoyable course and sufficiently challenging.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:6000. Last updated 2016.
- The Start/Finish is a plaque at a track crossing about 100m NW of the car park.
How to get a map
- From the Ranger – tel. 01204 334042
- or from Reception at the Community Leisure Centre (next to the car park)
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Café
- On the East side of Bolton, signed from the A58 (Bury Road) just East of its junction with the A579. Approach down Blenheim Road and/or Long Lane.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 738 085 , Nearest Post Code: BL2 6EX
Other useful information
- Park contact: tel. 01204 334012
- Bolton Council web site – Parks Information
- Wikipedia entry for Leverhulme Park
- Maintained by Bolton Council.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.