- Last checked July 2020. Everything OK. Seasonal vegetation means that controls S, N and P may be hard to find.
- The “bridge” West of post X is a single plank, so be careful.
- Changes to maintenance in grass mowing practice mean that several of the open grass (bright yellow) areas are currently uncut and are rough open; these are those between: H and M; E and C; A-C-R; F and K; others remain shortly cut.
- Feedback (Marcus, 24/9/16): Did red course. All posts present and correct, enjoyable course and sufficiently challenging.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:6000. Last updated 2019.
- The Start/Finish is a plaque at a track crossing about 100m NW of the car park.
How to get a map
Leverhulme Park waterproof print£1.50
Leverhulme Park PDF£1.50
- From Reception at the Community Leisure Centre (next to the car park)
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Café
- On the East side of Bolton, signed from the A58 (Bury Road) just East of its junction with the A579. Approach down Blenheim Road and/or Long Lane.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 738 085 , Nearest Post Code: BL2 6EX
Other useful information
- Park contact by website only www.bolton.gov.uk
- Bolton Council web site – Parks Information
- Wikipedia entry for Leverhulme Park
- Maintained by Bolton Council.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.