- Last checked August 2023. Everything OK. (E replaced and G is now a post at the end of the bridge.)
- 30/6/2022 – fallen L has been re-positioned on a Run England post on the river path. Get yourself the latest map!
- Seasonal vegetation means that controls S, N and P may be hard to find. I may be hidden under the trees.
- The “bridge” West of post X is just a bundle of branches, so be careful.
- Feedback (Marcus, 24/9/16): Did red course. All posts present and correct, enjoyable course and sufficiently challenging.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:6000. Last updated August 2023.
- The Start/Finish is a plaque at a track crossing about 100m NW of the car park.
How to get a map
Leverhulme Park waterproof print£1.50
Leverhulme Park PDF£1.50
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Café z Playground
- On the East side of Bolton, signed from the A58 (Bury Road) just East of its junction with the A579. Approach down Blenheim Road and/or Long Lane.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 738 085 , Nearest Post Code: BL2 6EX
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Park contact by website only www.bolton.gov.uk
- Bolton Council web site – Parks Information
- Wikipedia entry for Leverhulme Park
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Bolton Council.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.