- Last checked May 2017. Everything OK, except … Control E is no longer “bridge, W end” as the bridge has been removed. It is about 8m to the North, in the woodland.
- Controls PP, J may become overgrown in Summer.
- Feedback (Marcus, 24/9/16): Did Orange 2 course. All posts present and correct, PP and J were not overgrown at all. Post L is described as Gate E side but there is no gate present. Otherwise an enjoyable course.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated 2016.
- The Start/Finish is a tree next to the East end of the car parking area.
How to get a map
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Parks d Toilets
- From M60(J15) take M61 (Preston) and exit at J2 on to Bolton Spur. Take first exit along spur and follow A6053 through Farnworth. After 1 mile A6053 turns sharp R at traffic lights under bypass flyover towards Little Lever. Park entrance is on R 400m after R turn.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 741 068, Nearest Post Code: BL4 7QN
Other useful information
- Council Office: Tel. 01204 336913
- Bolton Council web site – Parks Information
- Bolton Council document on Moses Gate Local Nature Reserve
- Wikipedia entry for Moses Gate Country Park
- GPS Cycle and Walking Route for Moses Gate Country Park
- Visit North West web site for Moses Gate Country Park
- Maintained by Bolton Council.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.