- Last checked December 2020. Everything OK.
- NB. TT has been moved away from repeated vandalism – across the path to a new home between two large trees. Make sure you have the latest map !
- The path to control C becomes very overgrown in Summer.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated 2020.
- The Start/Finish is a tree next to the East end of the car parking area.
How to get a map
Moses Gate Crompton’s Lodges waterproof print£1.50
Moses Gate Crompton’s Lodges PDF£1.50
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Parks d Toilets
- From M60(J15) take M61 (Preston) and exit at J2 on to Bolton Spur. Take first exit along spur and follow A6053 through Farnworth. After 1 mile A6053 turns sharp R at traffic lights under bypass flyover towards Little Lever. Park entrance is on R 400m after R turn.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 741 068, Nearest Post Code: BL4 7QN
Other useful information
- Parks contact: by website only www.bolton.gov.uk
- Bolton Council web site – Parks Information
- Bolton Council document on Moses Gate Local Nature Reserve
- Wikipedia entry for Moses Gate Country Park
- GPS Cycle and Walking Route for Moses Gate Country Park
- Visit North West web site for Moses Gate Country Park
- Maintained by Bolton Council.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.