- Last checked January 2023. Everything OK.
- NB: C has been replaced at the path junction close to its old spot which is now behind a high fence. 13/6/2022 – overgrown post B has been moved a few metres to the end of the nearby wall.
- nb. Swathes of very small new trees have been planted on the hill, and are now on the map.
- nb. Changes in park maintenance mean that even more of the open grass (bright yellow) has become much longer rough open grass.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:4000. Last updated January 2023.
- The Start/Finish is a plaque on a fence corner, pretty much in the centre of the park (though you may have to look behind parked vehicles). The main car park (the red marker above) is about 300m away, at the South entrance of the park – the less busy “main attractions” car park (the orange marker) may be a bit closer.
How to get a map
Moss Bank Park waterproof print£1.50
Moss Bank Park PDF£1.50
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Parks d Toilets Cafe z Playground
- On the NW side of Bolton, adjacent to the A58 ring road (Moss Bank Way). Signed from traffic lights into Moss Lane.
- Bus route 526 goes around East and North side of the park.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 693 109, Nearest Post Code: BL1 6NB
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Parks contact: by website only www.bolton.gov.uk
- Bolton Council web site – Parks Information
- Wikipedia entry for Moss Bank Park
- Lancashire Wildlife Trust web site for The Hive at Moss Bank Park
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Bolton Council.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.