- Last checked June 2022. Everything OK, except undergrowth is rampant.
- All the plaques have been replaced with new ones with a generic QR code rather than using the MOBO app. Also, controls 15, 24, Y have been moved 20m or so to new features; controls 22 and 23 have been removed due to increased traffic along the cobbled road. Invest in a new map !!
- The cafe and pub are now open more frequently and the East Lancs Railway stops at the Burrs Halt.
- NB. Country Park controls are all identified by letters and have symbols/shapes as answers. Activity Centre controls are all identified by numbers and have letters as answers. As the courses overlap, it is possible to be confused, sorry !
Orienteering map details
- Burrs Country Park – A4 portrait, Scale 1:4000. Last updated 2021.
- Burrs Activity Centre – A4 landscape, Scale 1:2500. Last updated 2021.
- The Start for Country Park courses is on a noticeboard just North of the Activity Centre. The Activity Centre N start is on a brick wall to the West, and the S start on the South side of the bridge round the corner to the SouthEast.
How to get a map
Burrs Country Park waterproof print£1.00
Burrs Country Park PDF£1.00
Burrs Activity Centre waterproof print£0.75
Burrs Activity Centre PDF£0.75
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Parks d Toilets Cafe z Playground X Picnic areas
- Toilets only available in Cafe or pub
- The new Lamppost cafe is now open every day except Monday and Tuesday.
- Brown Cow pub is close by, offering food and facilities.
- From W side of Bury town centre, follow B6214 towards Ramsbottom from A58. After 400 metres fork R on to Woodhill Road and follow to end. Park is signed from A58.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 799 127. Postcode (Activity Centre) BL8 1DA
Other useful information
- Activity Centre Manager – 0161 764 9649
- Parks and Countryside – 0161 253 5353
- Bury Council website for the Country Park
- Wikipedia entry for Burrs Country Park
- Friends of Burrs Country Park Facebook page
- Caravan Club website for Burrs Country Park
- Visit Manchester website for Burrs Country Park
- Cycling and Walking routes
- Irwell Sculpture Trail
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Bury Council.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.