- Last checked December 2018.
- Country Park course is complete.
- Activity Centre course is complete.
- NB. Country Park controls are all identified by letters and have symbols/shapes as answers. Activity Centre controls are all identified by numbers and have letters as answers. As the courses overlap, it is possible to be confused, sorry !
- All controls on both courses are equipped with plaques displaying MOBO QR codes (check out the Smartphones page).
Orienteering map details
- Burrs Country Park – A4 portrait, Scale 1:4000. Last updated 2016.
- Burrs Activity Centre – A4 landscape, Scale 1:2500. Last updated 2016.
- The Start for Country Park courses is on a noticeboard just North of the Activity Centre. The Activity Centre N start is on a brick wall to the West, and the S start on the South side of the bridge round the corner to the SouthEast.
How to get a map
- (Country Park only) Bury Tourist Information Centre – Tel: 0161 253 5111 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Burrs Activity Centre – Tel: 0161 764 9649
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Parks d Toilets Cafe Picnic areas
- Toilets only available in Cafe or pub
- The new cafe is now open every day, a bit upmarket from the Activity Centre days: Lamppost Cafe
- Brown Cow pub is close by, offering food and facilities.
- From W side of Bury town centre, follow B6214 towards Ramsbottom from A58. After 400 metres fork R on to Woodhill Road and follow to end. Park is signed from A58.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 799 127. Postcode (Activity Centre) BL8 1DA
Other useful information
- Activity Centre Manager – 0161 764 9649
- Parks and Countryside – 0161 253 5353
- Bury Metro website for the Activity Centre
- Bury Council website for the Country Park
- Wikipedia entry for Burrs Country Park
- Friends of Burrs Country Park Facebook page
- Caravan Club website for Burrs Country Park
- Visit Manchester website for Burrs Country Park
- Cycling and Walking routes
- Irwell Sculpture Trail
- Buryd Treasure family treasure hunt
- Maintained by GMOA.