- Last checked June 2018. Everything OK.
- As vegetation grows access to Y and IT can be tricky. In the wooded sections full leg covering is advised as there are lots of brambles and nettles.
- NB. old maps indicate the S/F being on the South side of the steps, but it was moved to the North side.
Orienteering map details
- A4 landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated 2017.
- The Start is on the East side of the car park, on the North side of the steps.
How to get a map
- Bury Tourist Information Centre Tel: 0161 253 5111 email email@example.com
- Park Ranger Base at Clarence Park Tel: 0161 797 3896
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe
- No toilets in park, but Green Cafe (Mon-Fri) has toilets
- AGE UK Jubilee Centre Cafe (Mon-Fri) outdoor sales to under-50’s
- From E end of Bury town centre, follow A56 N (Walmersley Road) for 1/2 mile. Turn R on to Royal Avenue. Car park is on R after sharp L turn.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 809 122. Postcode: BL9 6NG.
Other useful information
- Parks and Countryside: 0161 253 5353
- Bury Council web site for Chesham Woods Nature Reserve
- Bury Council web site for Clarence Park
- Woodland Trust web site for Chesham Woods
- VisitBury web site for Chesham Woods
- Natural England web site for Chesham Woods
- AGE UK Jubilee Cafe
- Facebook page for the Green Community Cafe
- Buryd Treasure family treasure hunt
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.