- Last checked January 2021. Everything OK … postwatcher comments: Winter is a good time to explore the south part of the course (over the river) as the vegetation has died back. Be aware that there are some unmapped paths recently created by mountain bikers. Refreshments are usually available at weekends, check the Friends of Nuttall Park for up to date information. Toilets weekends only also.
- Post C has been replaced by a plaque attached to the metal fence.
- Please take care on the south side of the river, especially by the river and in the mill ruins.
- As vegetation grows LL can be tricky to spot. Some fallen trees and branches have to be avoided on the paths on the south side of the river near controls R and J and by the riverside path.
- Please ensure that you have an up-to-date map – older maps include controls that are either no longer present or in potentially dangerous locations, for example Q.
Orienteering map details
- A4 portrait, Scale 1:4000. Last updated 2020.
- The Start/Finish is the North side of a path, between the two areas of car park.
How to get a map
Nuttall Park waterproof print£1.25
Nuttall Park PDF£1.25
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe z Playground
- Toilets not always available; Cafe is usually weekends only
- Parking on winter weekends limited due to football matches
- Follow M66 N and exit at (J1). Turn R and follow A56 (Edenfield) N for 1 mile to L turn towards Ramsbottom (Bury New Road). After crossing M66 take 2nd L turn (Hall Road) and follow to park.
- If travelling from N join A56 at Edenfield and follow S for 1.5 miles. Turn R on to Bury New Road then follow instructions above.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 795 164 Postcode: BL0 9LU
Other useful information
- Parks and Countryside: 0161 253 5353
- Bury Council web site for Nuttall Park
- Friends of Nuttall Park web site
- Visit Bury web site for Nuttall Park
- Irwell Sculpture Trail
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Bury Council.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.