- Last checked Sept 2017. Everything OK.
- As vegetation grows Q and LL can be tricky to spot. Also, be aware that some fallen trees and branches have to be avoided on the paths on the south side of the river near controls R and J and by the riverside path.
Orienteering map details
- A4 portrait, Scale 1:4000. Last updated 2017.
- The Start/Finish is the North side of a path, between the two areas of car park.
How to get a map
- Ranger Base in the park Tel: 0170 682 3358
- Bury Tourist Information Centre Tel: 0161 253 5111 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ramsbottom Library Tel: 0161 253 5352
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe
- Toilets not always available; Cafe is usually weekends only
- Parking on winter weekends limited due to football matches
- Follow M66 N and exit at (J1). Turn R and follow A56 (Edenfield) N for 1 mile to L turn towards Ramsbottom (Bury New Road). After crossing M66 take 2nd L turn (Hall Road) and follow to park.
- If travelling from N join A56 at Edenfield and follow S for 1.5 miles. Turn R on to Bury New Road then follow instructions above.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 795 164 Postcode: BL0 9LU
Other useful information
- Parks and Countryside: 0161 253 5353
- Bury Council web site for Nuttall Park
- Friends of Nuttall Park web site
- Visit Bury web site for Nuttall Park
- Irwell Sculpture Trail
- Buryd Treasure family treasure hunt
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.