- Last checked Dec 2018. All the controls are in place; please take care on the south side of the river, especially by the river and in the mill ruins.
- As vegetation grows LL can be tricky to spot. Some fallen trees and branches have to be avoided on the paths on the south side of the river near controls R and J and by the riverside path.
- Please ensure that you have an up-to-date map – older maps include controls that are either no longer present or in potentially dangerous locations, for example Q.
Orienteering map details
- A4 portrait, Scale 1:4000. Last updated 2017.
- The Start/Finish is the North side of a path, between the two areas of car park.
How to get a map
- Ranger Base in the park Tel: 0170 682 3358
- Bury Tourist Information Centre Tel: 0161 253 5111 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ramsbottom Library Tel: 0161 253 5352
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe
- Toilets not always available; Cafe is usually weekends only
- Parking on winter weekends limited due to football matches
- Follow M66 N and exit at (J1). Turn R and follow A56 (Edenfield) N for 1 mile to L turn towards Ramsbottom (Bury New Road). After crossing M66 take 2nd L turn (Hall Road) and follow to park.
- If travelling from N join A56 at Edenfield and follow S for 1.5 miles. Turn R on to Bury New Road then follow instructions above.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 795 164 Postcode: BL0 9LU
Other useful information
- Parks and Countryside: 0161 253 5353
- Bury Council web site for Nuttall Park
- Friends of Nuttall Park web site
- Visit Bury web site for Nuttall Park
- Irwell Sculpture Trail
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.