- Last checked October 2023. Everything OK.
- NB. 9/9/2022 – LL has been moved out of the MTB downhill track area, so you should be able to get between LL and TT without being at risk. Get yourself the latest map!!
- NB. 15/9/2022 – the path from post A down to QI has collapsed at the start and washed away, plus the foot bridge has gone.
- NB. 13/6/2022 – new post L installed next to the metal fingerpost.
- NB. 26/2/2021 – control B has been moved some distance, away from a dangerous stretch of MTB track, and is now on the fence at the viewpoint.
- NB. somehow we have two control C’s – both fence ends, on opposite sides of the track, with identical symbols.
- NB. Y has had a tree fall around it, and getting at T is probably best done from the South.
Orienteering map details
- A4 landscape, Scale 1:8000. Last updated August 2022.
- The Start/Finish is a 350m walk from the main car park, so will add 700m to the distances covered.
How to get a map
Philips Park, Prestwich waterproof print£1.25
Philips Park, Prestwich PDF£1.25
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park z Playground X Picnic Areas
- From junction 17 of the M60, follow the A56 north for a third of a mile. Turn left onto the A665 (Higher Lane) and after a further half mile turn left into Park Road. Continue along Park Road for just under a mile to the park entrance. Enter through the gate and along the drive, passing over the motorway to the car park.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 797 042. Postcode: M45 7QJ.
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 0161 797 3896
- Bury Council web site for Philips Park Local Nature Reserve (has a nice nature walk leaflet and a map of the Mountain Bike tracks)
- Wikipedia entry for Philips Park Prestwich
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Bury Council.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.