- Last checked September 2020. Everything OK.
- NB (31/8/2020). the footpath below TT is closed, possibly for a while, as the bridge is dangerous – make sure you approach from the North.
- Post L is now a plaque on the nearby bench.
- nb. Y has had a tree fall around it, and getting at T is probably best done from the South.
Orienteering map details
- A4 landscape, Scale 1:8000. Last updated March 2020.
- The Start/Finish is a 350m walk from the main car park, so will add 700m to the distances covered.
How to get a map
Philips Park, Prestwich waterproof print£1.25
Philips Park, Prestwich PDF£1.25
- Whitefield Library. Tel: 0161 253 7510
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park Picnic Areas
- From junction 17 of the M60, follow the A56 north for a third of a mile. Turn left onto the A665 (Higher Lane) and after a further half mile turn left into Park Road. Continue along Park Road for just under a mile to the park entrance. Enter through the gate and along the drive, passing over the motorway to the car park.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 797 042. Postcode: M45 7QJ.
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 0161 797 3896
- Bury Council web site for Philips Park Local Nature Reserve (has a nice nature walk leaflet and a map of the Mountain Bike tracks)
- Wikipedia entry for Philips Park Prestwich
- Buryd Treasure family treasure hunt
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.