- Last checked May 2017. Everything OK.
- Controls F, T, U are prone to disappear in undergrowth.
- As of 29/9/2016, Yellow and Light Green courses have been changed to avoid the high bridge which has no railings near control Q. In the process of reviewing the courses … W has been abandoned; N has been moved across the lake; Q has been moved 25m up the ditch to a more accessible site; V has been moved 60m North to a more accessible site. So please don’t be confused if you’re using an old map!
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:6000. Last updated 2016.
- The Start/Finish is a road junction a few metres from the car park, just off Charlestown Road.
How to get a map
- Visitor Centre in park – Weekdays 8.30 – 4.30. May be available at weekends but ring Warden to check.
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe
- For clockwise traffic from M60(J20) take A664 (Rochdale Road) S for 1 mile to traffic lights at junction with Charlestown Road. Turn L on to Charlestown Road and park entrance is on R.
Anti-clockwise traffic will need to exit at (J21) and follow A6104 W along Victoria Avenue then turn L at A664 to join above route.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 867 030 Nearest Post Code: M9 7DF
Other useful information
- Warden Tel: 0161 795 2650
- Manchester City Council website for Boggart Hole Clough
- Wikipedia entry for Boggart Hole Clough
- Friends of Boggart Hole Clough
- Manchester History
- Mysterious Britain
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.