- Last checked June 2022, everything OK.
- 20/12/2021 – control P has been moved to a nearby wall corner.
- A few controls are found as plaques mounted on existing posts or other items rather than as posts in their own right eg. D is now a plaque on the low fence.
- The garden valley between E and K has been very well renovated.
- Posts K, T and F may become overgrown in Summer.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:4000. Last updated 2021, but could do with major revisions.
- The Start/Finish is on the South side of the road junction, 40m SW of the car park.
How to get a map
Brookdale Park waterproof print£1.50
Brookdale Park PDF£1.50
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park z Playground
- From A62/A663 junction (to the NE of Manchester) travel south west. In under a km turn left into Droylsden Road. The park entrance is on the NE side of this road, and you can drive in to a small car park.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 888 003 Nearest Post Code: M40 1PE
Other useful information
- Manchester East Parks: 0161 223 8278
- Manchester City Council web site for Brookdale Park
- Wikipedia entry for Newton Heath – says that “Brookdale Park was formed in 1904 and spans over 44 acres (18 hectares). The park has two bowling greens, tennis courts, and a children’s play centre.”
- Facebook page for Brookdale Park User Group (BUG)
- Maintained by GMOA
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.