- Last checked, and fully restored, on 29/9/2016.
- Posts K, T and F may become overgrown in Summer.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:4000. Last updated 2016, but the patches of white in the open areas shouldn’t be relied on.
- The Start/Finish is on the South side of the road junction, 40m SW of the car park.
How to get a map
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park
- From A62/A663 junction (to the NE of Manchester) travel south west. In under a km turn left into Droylsden Road. The park entrance is on the NE side of this road, and you can drive in to a small car park.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 888 003 Nearest Post Code: M40 1PE
Other useful information
- Manchester East Parks: 0161 223 8278
- Manchester City Council web site for Brookdale Park
- Wikipedia entry for Newton Heath – says that “Brookdale Park was formed in 1904 and spans over 44 acres (18 hectares). The park has two bowling greens, tennis courts, and a children’s play centre.”
- Facebook page for Brookdale Park User Group (BUG)
- Maintained by Manchester CC.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.