- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. See the Smartphones page for details.
- Last checked July 2019. Everything OK.
- The MapRun App works really well in this Park. Give it a go!
- The area South of the river suffers from dense undergrowth in Summer, making it harder to locate control posts, especially U, T, S, Q, EL, P. MapRun will find the posts, even if you can’t !
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:6000. Last updated December 2016.
- The Start/Finish is at the gate between the car park and the park itself.
How to get a map
- Warden (phone first)
Also Mersey Valley Visitor Centre (Sale Water Park)
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Picnic areas
- From junction of A5103 (Princess Road) and A5145 (Barlow Moor Road) follow Barlow Moor Road W towards Chorlton for 400m. Turn L on to Maitland Avenue. Water Park is at end. Small sign on BM Rd.A5103 is accessible from M60(J5). Anti-clockwise traffic will be need to travel S along A5103 for 400m to next exit. Then turn R and immediately R again to follow A5103 N to junction with A5145.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 824 919 Nearest Post Code: M21 7WH
Other useful information
- Warden Tel: 0161 881 5639
- Manchester City Council web site for Chorlton Water Park
- Natural England site for Chorlton Nature reserve
- Woodland Trust site for Chorlton Water Park
- Wild About Manchester site for Chorlton Water Park
- Manchester Birding web site for Chorlton Water Park and Mersey Valley
- Visit Manchester site for Chorlton Nature reserve
- Friends of Chorlton Water Park
- Chorlton Wanderers cycling group
- Chorlton Runners
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.