- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. See the Smartphones page for details.
- Last checked April 2019. Everything OK … except control F is missing (though the red plaque is still there), T is already in brambles.
- The MapRun App works really well in this Park. Give it a go!
- The area South of the river suffers from dense undergrowth in Summer, making it harder to locate control posts, especially L, M, P, T, U and X.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:6000. Last updated December 2016.
- The Start/Finish is at the gate between the car park and the park itself.
How to get a map
- Warden (phone first)
Also Mersey Valley Visitor Centre (Sale Water Park)
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Picnic areas
- From junction of A5103 (Princess Road) and A5145 (Barlow Moor Road) follow Barlow Moor Road W towards Chorlton for 400m. Turn L on to Maitland Avenue. Water Park is at end. Small sign on BM Rd.A5103 is accessible from M60(J5). Anti-clockwise traffic will be need to travel S along A5103 for 400m to next exit. Then turn R and immediately R again to follow A5103 N to junction with A5145.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 824 919 Nearest Post Code: M21 7WH
Other useful information
- Warden Tel: 0161 881 5639
- Manchester City Council web site for Chorlton Water Park
- Natural England site for Chorlton Nature reserve
- Woodland Trust site for Chorlton Water Park
- Wild About Manchester site for Chorlton Water Park
- Manchester Birding web site for Chorlton Water Park and Mersey Valley
- Visit Manchester site for Chorlton Nature reserve
- Friends of Chorlton Water Park
- Chorlton Wanderers cycling group
- Chorlton Runners
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.