- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. Buy the MapRun bundle. See the Smartphones page for details.
- Last checked August 2021. Everything OK.
- The old post P has been removed as it was unfindable much of the year – as of 15/7/2020 a new post P has been placed in a completely new position – make sure you get the latest map !
- Note that as of 2 July 2020, post T has been retrieved from the brambles into a slightly new position, and post U has migrated across the path out of the vegetation.
- Also note that mountain bikers seem to have created a number of small paths which are unmapped – but should be obvious enough not to be confusing.
- The MapRun App works really well in this Park. Give it a go!
- The area South of the river suffers from dense undergrowth in Summer, making it harder to locate control posts, especially U, T, S, Q, EL, P. MapRun will find the posts, even if you can’t !
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:6000. Last updated 2021.
- The Start/Finish is at the gate between the car park and the park itself.
How to get a map
Chorlton Water Park waterproof print£1.25
Chorlton Water Park PDF£1.25
Chorlton Water Park MapRun Bundle 45min Score£2.00
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets z Playground X Picnic areas
- From junction of A5103 (Princess Road) and A5145 (Barlow Moor Road) follow Barlow Moor Road W towards Chorlton for 400m. Turn L on to Maitland Avenue. Water Park is at end. Small sign on BM Rd.A5103 is accessible from M60(J5). Anti-clockwise traffic will be need to travel S along A5103 for 400m to next exit. Then turn R and immediately R again to follow A5103 N to junction with A5145.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 824 919 Nearest Post Code: M21 7WH
Other useful information
- Warden Tel: 0161 881 5639
- Manchester City Council web site for Chorlton Water Park
- Natural England site for Chorlton Nature reserve
- Woodland Trust site for Chorlton Water Park
- Wild About Manchester site for Chorlton Water Park
- Visit Manchester site for Chorlton Nature reserve
- Friends of Chorlton Water Park
- Chorlton Wanderers cycling group
- Chorlton Runners
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Manchester CC
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.