- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. Buy the MapRun bundle. See the Smartphones page for details.
- 28/11/23 – new post V installed a few metres from the old site, on the path/road junction. Also, post F has been moved out of its bed of nettles to the side of the knoll mapped about 40m NE of the old site.
- Last checked October 2023. Everything OK.
- 4/7/2023 – Z has been replaced by a new post on the path junction 20m or so to the SouthEast.
- H is now a plaque on a fence at the junction; M has been slightly re-positioned. N, V, FI have all been moved a few metres away from balsam. All controls have a hi-vis plaque attached.
- It would be a very good idea to get yourself the latest map!
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:10000. Completely revised map drawn in August 2019. Last update July 2023.
- The Start/Finish is a 350m walk from the car park, at the end of a fence a short distance West of the Hall.
How to get a map
Heaton Park waterproof print£1.25
Heaton Park PDF£1.25
Heaton Park MapRun Bundle 60min Score£2.00
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Parks d Toilets Cafe zPlayground XPicnic areas
- As of May 2018, a new pay and display scheme for parking has been introduced.
- Approach from the A665, 1 km south of the M60, via St Margaret’s Road. As this road bends left, carry on forward into the park.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 828 047 Nearest Post Code: M25 2SW
- The Lake Car Park on A6044 at the southern end of the park can also be used, though it is over 1 km from the Start/Finish
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Park contact: 0161 773 1085
- Manchester City Council web site for Heaton Park
- Wikipedia entry for Heaton Park
- Visit Manchester site for Heaton Park
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Manchester CC
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.