- Last checked October 2017. Everything OK, though F1 may be hard to see in undergrowth.
- Feedback (Marcus, 24/9/16): Did light green course – very challenging! All posts present although there are 2 X posts.
- 14/10/2016: we have re-sited post X (on the Light Green course only) to avoid a dodgy stream crossing and very wet ground – it is now 150m to the South on the North side of a gully. The old post will remain in place for a while for brave people with old maps.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:10000. Last updated October 2017.
- The Start/Finish is a 350m walk from the car park, at the end of a fence a short distance West of the Hall.
How to get a map
- General Office & Warden’s Information Centre at the Farm Centre.
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe Picnic areas
- As of May 2018, a new pay and display scheme for parking has been introduced. Details here.
- Approach from the A665, 1 km south of the M60, via St Margaret’s Road. As this road bends left, carry on forward into the park.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 828 047 Nearest Post Code: M25 2SW
Other useful information
- Park contact: 0161 773 1085
- Manchester City Council web site for Heaton Park
- Wikipedia entry for Heaton Park
- Visit Manchester site for Heaton Park
- Friends of Heaton Hall
- Friends of Heaton Park Garden centre
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.