- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. See the Smartphones page for details.
- New! There’s a new map, as used for the British Schools Score Champs 2019.
- Last checked July 2020. Everything OK
- October 2020 – the path round the lake near W is closed for building a new slipway. Access may be difficult for a few months.
- H is now a plaque on a fence at the junction; M has been tied to a fence at the junction while a contractors compound occupies its usual spot. N, V, FI have all been moved a few metres away from balsam. All controls are freshly painted and have a hi-vis plaque attached.
- It would be a very good idea to get yourself the latest map!
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:10000. Completely revised map drawn in August 2019.
- The Start/Finish is a 350m walk from the car park, at the end of a fence a short distance West of the Hall.
How to get a map
Heaton Park waterproof print£1.25
Heaton Park PDF£1.25
Heaton Park MapTiler£1.25
Heaton Park MapRun Bundle 75min Score£2.00
- General Office & Warden’s Information Centre at the Farm Centre.
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe Picnic areas
- As of May 2018, a new pay and display scheme for parking has been introduced. Details here.
- Approach from the A665, 1 km south of the M60, via St Margaret’s Road. As this road bends left, carry on forward into the park.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 828 047 Nearest Post Code: M25 2SW
Other useful information
- Park contact: 0161 773 1085
- Manchester City Council web site for Heaton Park
- Wikipedia entry for Heaton Park
- Visit Manchester site for Heaton Park
- Friends of Heaton Hall
- Friends of Heaton Park Garden centre
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.