- Last checked August 2023. Everything OK – though there are still major works going on around the car park which means post I is currently inaccessible. J may be hard to find, though vegetation has been cut back at the South end. The building work round the Leisure Centre and car park, including new fenced pitches, does not affect the Yellow and Orange 1 courses. For Orange 2, Post I is inaccessible, and a path through the wood gives access to the playing field and H.
- 17 November 2020 – the Start/Finish has been moved to be close to the Hough End Leisure Centre car park, and the courses have been redesigned to match.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated April 2021.
- Park in the Hough End Leisure Centre car park, and the Start/Finish is just past the North end of the main building. Control W, the suggested base for Stars and Loops is a little further into the area.
How to get a map
Hough End waterproof print£1.75
Hough End PDF£1.75
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d You can ask at the Leisure Centre to use their toilets.
- 3 kms North of M60 Jn 5 (restricted exit/entry) adjacent to A5103 (Princess Road). Use the entry to the Hough End Leisure Centre car park off Princess Road, as general public parking is allowed in there.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 837 931 Nearest Post Code: M20 1HD
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Contact: 0161 881 9014 (Chorlton Park) or if not available 0161 224 2902 (Central Area)
- Friends of Hough End Facebook page
- Manchester City Council web site for Hough End Playing Fields
- PitchFinder for Hough End Playing Fields
- Greater Manchester Police Sports Centre
- Wikipedia entry for nearby Hough End Hall
- Maintained by GMOA
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.