- Last checked February 2022. Everything OK – though the Southern edge of the map has had some vegetation cut back.
- 17 November 2020 – the Start/Finish has been moved to be close to the Hough End Leisure Centre car park, and the courses have been redesigned to match.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated April 2021.
- Park in the Hough End Leisure Centre car park, and the Start/Finish is just past the North end of the main building. Control W, the suggested base for Stars and Loops is a little further into the area.
How to get a map
Hough End waterproof print£1.75
Hough End PDF£1.75
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d You can ask at the Leisure Centre to use their toilets.
- 3 kms North of M60 Jn 5 (restricted exit/entry) adjacent to A5103 (Princess Road). Use the entry to the Hough End Leisure Centre car park off Princess Road, as general public parking is allowed in there.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 837 931 Nearest Post Code: M20 1HD
Other useful information
- Contact: 0161 881 9014 (Chorlton Park) or if not available 0161 224 2902 (Central Area)
- Friends of Hough End Facebook page
- Manchester City Council web site for Hough End Playing Fields
- PitchFinder for Hough End Playing Fields
- Greater Manchester Police Sports Centre
- Wikipedia entry for nearby Hough End Hall
- Maintained by GMOA
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.