- Last checked March 2017. Everything OK, except note that the Hall Gardens (separate map) are closed at present, for building work on the hall.
- July 2017 – posts K and LL replaced.
Orienteering map details
- Wythenshawe Park orienteering map: A4 Landscape, Scale 1:7500. Last updated November 2016.
- Hall Gardens map: A4 Portrait, Scale 1:1000. Last updated 2011.
The Start/Finish is a fence bend, just outside the car park. The Hall and Hall Gardens is on the right a further 250m along the road you came in on.
How to get a map
- Wythenshawe Hall Visitor Centre (access via a side door intercom)
- Also from the excellent Courtyard Cafe, just off the main drive – opens Mon-Fri 11-5, Sat 9-5, Sun 10-5. Closed over Christmas/New Year.
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe Picnic areas
- From Stockport follow M60 W then M56 (Chester) and exit at J2 (Sharston). Follow A560 (Altrincham) for 1/2 mile to end of M56 spur. Turn R and follow A5103 (Manchester) to next exit. Turn L (Sale) then fork L on to Wythenshawe Road after 100m. Park entrance is on L after 1/2 mile.
From Stretford follow M60 S and exit at J5 (A5103 Chester). Take next exit (Sale/Northenden) and turn R at end of slip road. 100m after traffic lights fork L on to Wythenshawe Road as above.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 815 898 Nearest Post Code: M23 0AB
Other useful information
- Park Warden Tel: 0161 998 2117
- Manchester City Council web site for Wythenshawe Park
- Wikipedia entry for Wythenshawe Hall
- Friends of Wythenshawe Hall
- The Courtyard Facebook page
- NetMums page for Wythenshawe Park
- Nice little map from the Manchester City Council site
- Maintained by Manchester CC.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.