- New!! We’ve picked this ideal-for-beginners park to create a Training Pack to go with the How-To Videos.
- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. Buy the MapRun bundle. See the Smartphones page for details.
- Last checked March 2021 … everything OK, though much of the NorthWest corner is under water.
- Note that the Hall Gardens (separate map) have been re-opened (9am-8pm says the notice) despite ongoing repair work on the hall. STOP PRESS – the gardens are closed again due to dangerous dead trees (24 March 2021).
Orienteering map details
- Wythenshawe Park orienteering map: A4 Landscape, Scale 1:7500. Major update August 2020.
- Hall Gardens map: A4 Portrait, Scale 1:1000. Last updated 2011.
The Start/Finish is a fence bend, just outside the car park. You will have passed the Hall, Hall Gardens and Cafe on your left as you drive in from the main road.
How to get a map
Wythenshawe Park waterproof print£2.00
Wythenshawe Park PDF£2.00
Wythenshawe Hall Gardens waterproof print£0.50
Wythenshawe Hall Gardens PDF£0.50
Wythenshawe Park MapRun Bundle 45min Score£2.00
Wythenshawe Park Training Pack£1.00
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- KCar Park d Toilets Cafe z Playground X Picnic areas
- From Stockport follow M60 W then M56 (Chester) and exit at J2 (Sharston). Follow A560 (Altrincham) for 1/2 mile to end of M56 spur. Turn R and follow A5103 (Manchester) to next exit. Turn L (Sale) then fork L on to Wythenshawe Road (B5167) after 100m. Park entrance is on L after 1/2 mile.
From Stretford follow M60 S and exit at J5 (A5103 Chester). Take next exit (Sale/Northenden) and turn R at end of slip road. 100m after traffic lights fork L on to Wythenshawe Road as above.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 815 898 Nearest Post Code: M23 0AB
Other useful information
- Park Warden Tel: 0161 998 2117
- Manchester City Council web site for Wythenshawe Park
- Wikipedia entry for Wythenshawe Hall
- Friends of Wythenshawe Hall
- The Courtyard Facebook page
- NetMums page for Wythenshawe Park
- Nice little map from the Manchester City Council site
- Maintained by GMOA
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.