- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. See the Smartphones page for details.
- Last checked October 2018. Everything OK.
- The POC posts are all in excellent condition at the moment, and very visible, having been cleared of any encroaching vegetation. We hope that you will visit and enjoy the course this half-term, and through the autumn.
- Note that the Hall Gardens (separate map) have been re-opened (9am-8pm says the notice) despite ongoing repair work on the hall.
Orienteering map details
- Wythenshawe Park orienteering map: A4 Landscape, Scale 1:7500. Last updated November 2016.
- Hall Gardens map: A4 Portrait, Scale 1:1000. Last updated 2011.
The Start/Finish is a fence bend, just outside the car park. The Hall and Hall Gardens is on the right a further 250m along the road you came in on.
How to get a map
- Wythenshawe Hall Visitor Centre (access via a side door intercom)
- Also from the excellent Courtyard Cafe, just off the main drive – opens Mon-Fri 11-5, Sat 9-5, Sun 10-5. Closed over Christmas/New Year.
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe Picnic areas
- From Stockport follow M60 W then M56 (Chester) and exit at J2 (Sharston). Follow A560 (Altrincham) for 1/2 mile to end of M56 spur. Turn R and follow A5103 (Manchester) to next exit. Turn L (Sale) then fork L on to Wythenshawe Road after 100m. Park entrance is on L after 1/2 mile.
From Stretford follow M60 S and exit at J5 (A5103 Chester). Take next exit (Sale/Northenden) and turn R at end of slip road. 100m after traffic lights fork L on to Wythenshawe Road as above.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 815 898 Nearest Post Code: M23 0AB
Other useful information
- Park Warden Tel: 0161 998 2117
- Manchester City Council web site for Wythenshawe Park
- Wikipedia entry for Wythenshawe Hall
- Friends of Wythenshawe Hall
- The Courtyard Facebook page
- NetMums page for Wythenshawe Park
- Nice little map from the Manchester City Council site
- Maintained by Manchester CC.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.