- Last checked June 2018. Everything OK.
- Note that when the posts were installed, it looks like they were trying very hard to be unobtrusive – many posts are low to the ground, facing away from the approach and often several metres away from their feature. Look carefully!
Orienteering map details
- A4 landscape, Scale 1:7500. Last updated 2017.
- The Start is on the West side of the car parks, between the two parts.
How to get a map
- From some Oldham Countryside Centres –
Brownhill Countryside Centre – Tel: 0145 787 2598
Tandle Hill – Tel: 0161 627 2608
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park
- From Jn 21 M62 take A663 to north end of Shaw. Take B6197 east (Buckstones Road). Pass a church on the first bend then in 350 metres turn left by the Methodist Church. Sign board – Crompton Moor, Brushes Clough Car Park. Go to the car park at the end of the road.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 951 101. Postcode: OL2 8LX (near the start of the car park road)
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 0161 770 4056
- Oldham Council web site for Crompton Moor
- Wikipedia entry for Crompton Moor
- Friends of Crompton Moor
- Crompton Moor User Group
- Trail map
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.