- Last checked April 2022. Everything OK. The main Start/Finish was damaged and has been moved a few metres North and a few feet higher to the fence above the end of the wall.
- Map updated December 2021 for a SELOC event.
- March 2021 – post E has been relocated about 25m away from the bridge, after repeated vandalism.
- nb. J is a plaque on the fence next to the path junction, EE is a plaque on a fence corner, Z is a plaque on the low fence near the path junction.
- Late 2017 … new plaques installed at S1 and S2.
Orienteering map details
- A4 landscape, Scale 1:6000. Last updated 2022.
- The Start is at the North end of the car parks.
How to get a map
Daisy Nook Country Park waterproof print£1.25
Daisy Nook Country Park PDF£1.25
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe z Playground
- From Ashton-u-Lyne bypass (A635) take A627 north towards Oldham for approx 1 mile to Newmarket Road (traffic lights). Turn L (west) and follow Newmarket Road for 3/4 mile to junction at sharp L bend. Turn R at bend. Entrance to car park and visitor centre is on R after 50 metres.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 920 005. Postcode: M35 9WJ
Other useful information
- Countryside Officer Tel: 0161 308 3909
- Oldham Council web site for Daisy Nook
- Wikipedia entry for Daisy Nook
- Oldham Attractions – Daisy Nook
- Trip Advisor – Daisy Nook
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Oldham Council
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.