- Last checked December 2017. Everything OK except Trail-O (see below) and post B which has broken off and left in position leaning against the wall.
- (NB. Controls O, P, Q, R, Y have been removed from the map, and the Orange course slightly adjusted accordingly – these posts have become impossible to access due to difficult vegetation.)
- Trail-O issues: March 2017 – viewing post 6 is missing; red and white posts can not be found at 2 (2 posts not visible) and 9 (1 post not visible). August 2017 – Summer growth can make several posts on the Trail-O difficult to see – only number 3 and 10 have all 3 posts visible.
Orienteering and Trail-O map details
- Orienteering map – A4 landscape, Scale 1:6000. Last updated 2017.
- Trail-O map – A4 portrait, Scale 1:2500. Last updated 2008.
- The Start is the noticeboard at the South end of the car park, and is the same for the Trail-O. If you want to check your answers for the Trail-O, you can get them from the Downloads page.
How to get a map
- From some Oldham Countryside Centres
- Brownhill Countryside Centre – Tel: 0145 787 2598
Saddleworth Museum Shop – Tel: 0145 787 0336
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park
- From M60(J20) follow A627(M) S for 1m and take slip road to Oldham. Follow A627 for 1/2 mile to roundabout then A62 (Huddersfield). After 500m A672 forks L – continue along A62 for 1/2 mile into dip with PO on L in row of shops. Turn L on to Culvert Street and R after 100m to park (signed).
- OS Grid Reference: SD 955 063. Postcode: OL4 2JW
Other useful information
- Ranger 0161 620 8202
- Oldham Council web site for Strinesdale
- Wikipedia entry for Strinesdale
- United Utilities web site for Strinesdale
- United Utilities recreation site for Strinesdale
- Maintained by United Utilities.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.