- Last checked June 2021. Everything OK.
- It looks like rabbits are making a home under post V.
Orienteering map details
- There are two orienteering maps, the main Tandle Hill map, and a partial blown-up map of the SE part – Tandle Hill East – to support young beginner exercises.
- Tandle Hill – A4 landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated 2020.
- Tandle Hill East – A4 portrait, Scale 1:2500. Last updated 2020.
- The Start is at the park entrance at the SW end of the car park. The toilets and cafe/information building is just inside the park to the right.
Start/Finish post adjacent to car park
How to get a map
Tandle Hill Country Park waterproof print£1.50
Tandle Hill Country Park PDF£1.50
Tandle Hill East waterproof print£0.75
Tandle Hill East PDF£0.75
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Café z Playground X Picnic area
- From M60(J20) follow A627(M) S for 1m and take slip road to Oldham. At roundabout take first exit on to A663 (Broadway) and follow for 3/4 mile to traffic lights. Follow A671 (Rochdale) for 1.5 miles and turn L on to Tandle Hill Road (500m beyond overhead power line). Park is signed.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 907 088. Postcode: OL2 5UX
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 0161 627 2608
- Oldham Council web site for Tandle Hill
- Wikipedia entry for Tandle Hill
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Oldham Council
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.