- Last checked May 2023. Everything OK.
- It will be interesting to see if the animals that have been nibbling the plaques have another go at the replacements – if you have any ideas what the animals are, let us know – theories include muntjac deer, squirrels and rats, but this is the only park it happens in, and why only a few plaques?
- Checker comments: Alderley Edge offers a great path network and some forays into the forest to find the posts.
- NB. controls in this park are almost all on substantial square posts with a plaque mounted on the flat top – this may make it tricky for very small people to see.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated July 2023.
- The Start/Finish is a fence corner about 100m from the North end of the car park.
How to get a map
Alderley Edge waterproof print£1.75
Alderley Edge PDF£1.75
- From the Rangers Office. Tel: 01625 584412
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets X Picnic areas. Mobile food van at popular times. The Tearoom is open despite building work being done on what was the Wizard pub, and the wild playground is being refurbished.
- NB. The Car park is Pay and Display
- 1.5 miles east of Alderley Edge village on B5087 Macclesfield Road
- OS Grid Reference: SJ860773 Post Code: SK10 4UB
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 01625 584412
- Wikipedia entry for Alderley Edge
- National Trust web site for Alderley Edge
- Magic of Alderley Edge
- Maintained by GMOA and the National Trust.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.