- Last checked December 2018. All posts in place … however, the plaques are beginning to suffer. W and T are de-laminating and have been nibbled by animals such that the codes are obscured; V & F are subject to animal nibbling but codes and symbols are still visible – they may deteriorate. E has gone completely and will be replaced. All posts are sound and all other controls good.
- Checker comments: Alderley Edge offers a great path network and some forays into the forest to find the posts.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated 2016.
- The Start/Finish is a fence corner about 100m from the North end of the car park.
How to get a map
- From the Rangers Office. Tel: 01625 584412
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe Picnic areas
- NB. The Car park is Pay and Display
- 1.5 miles east of Alderley Edge village on B5087 Macclesfield Road
- OS Grid Reference: SJ860773 Post Code: SK10 4UB
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 01625 584412
- Wikipedia entry for Alderley Edge
- National Trust web site for Alderley Edge
- Magic of Alderley Edge
- Maintained by the National Trust.