- Last checked May 2023. Everything OK. LC is now accessible but there’s a new fenced area for wild flowers.
- Post HF has been replaced by a plaque on the fence behind its old site.
- A new fenced area between P and Q has been added to the map.
- There is now a “Little Cow Shed” ice-cream parlour open at weekends in addition to the “Cow Shed” milk shake kiosk near the entrance.
- The Visitor Centre is now the Ranger’s office, but the toilets are still open.
- Control HA has been moved out of its undergrowth to a nearby copse; HC and M are now plaques on nearby fence posts.
- B, Q, HA, HF, L may be hard to spot in the undergrowth.
Orienteering map details
- Brereton Heath full-area map: A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated January 2023.
- Brereton Heath North small-area map: A4 Portrait, Scale 1:3000. Last updated January 2023.
- The Start/Finish is by the side of a small building close by the North end of the car park, adjacent to the Visitor Centre.
How to get a map
Brereton Heath waterproof print£1.75
Brereton Heath PDF£1.75
Brereton Heath North area waterproof print£0.75
Brereton Heath North area PDF£0.75
- Brereton Heath Visitor Centre. Tel: 01477 534115
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets X Picnic areas
- NB. the Car park is Pay and Display
- There is now “The Cow Shed” opposite the entrance, dispensing ice-cold milk and milkshakes from local cows. A most unusual but delicious facility!
- Car Park is a Pay and Display which should accept coins and the PayByPhone system and goes towards upkeep of the park. Make sure that you have the PaybyPhone app installed on your phone in case the parking machine does not work.
- The Visitor Centre will not be in use in the future – maps can only be ordered through the GMOA website..
- Signed from A54, 4 miles west of Congleton.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 795 654 Postcode: CW12 4SU
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 01477 534115
- Cheshire East web site for Brereton Heath Local Nature Reserve
- Information and activities, including car park charges
- Wikipedia entry for Brereton Heath
- Case Study
- Maintained by GMOA and Cheshire East Rangers
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.