- Last checked April 2021. Everything OK. Post P has been moved to outside an extended fenced enclosure.
- B, Q, and HF may be hard to spot in the undergrowth.
- Sept 18 2019 … TT has been moved out of brambles to the earthbank 30m South; XX is now a single post at the NW corner of the pond … make sure you get the new map.
Orienteering map details
- Brereton Heath full-area map: A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated April 2021.
- Brereton Heath North small-area map: A4 Portrait, Scale 1:3000. Last updated April 2021.
- The Start/Finish is by the side of a small building close by the North end of the car park, adjacent to the Visitor Centre.
How to get a map
Brereton Heath waterproof print£1.75
Brereton Heath PDF£1.75
Brereton Heath North area waterproof print£0.75
Brereton Heath North area PDF£0.75
- Brereton Heath Visitor Centre. Tel: 01477 534115
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets X Picnic areas
- NB. the Car park is Pay and Display
- The Visitor Centre is currently closed (Dec 19th 2020). The ‘cafe’ is the Ice Cream van where hot drinks are also available. Car Park is a Pay and Display which now accepts coins (again) and the PayByPhone system and goes towards upkeep of the park.
- Signed from A54, 4 miles west of Congleton.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 795 654 Postcode: CW12 4SU
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 01477 534115
- Cheshire East web site for Brereton Heath Local Nature Reserve
- Information and activities, including car park charges
- Wikipedia entry for Brereton Heath
- Case Study
- Maintained by GMOA and Cheshire East Rangers
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.