- Last checked August 2021. Everything OK.
- B, Q, HA, HF, L may be hard to spot in the undergrowth.
- Post P has been moved to outside an extended fenced enclosure.
- Sept 18 2019 … TT has been moved out of brambles to the earthbank 30m South; XX is now a single post at the NW corner of the pond … make sure you get the new map.
Orienteering map details
- Brereton Heath full-area map: A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated April 2021.
- Brereton Heath North small-area map: A4 Portrait, Scale 1:3000. Last updated April 2021.
- The Start/Finish is by the side of a small building close by the North end of the car park, adjacent to the Visitor Centre.
How to get a map
Brereton Heath waterproof print£1.75
Brereton Heath PDF£1.75
Brereton Heath North area waterproof print£0.75
Brereton Heath North area PDF£0.75
- Brereton Heath Visitor Centre. Tel: 01477 534115
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets X Picnic areas
- NB. the Car park is Pay and Display
- There is now “The Cow Shed” opposite the entrance, dispensing ice-cold milk and milkshakes from local cows. A most unusual but delicious facility!
- Car Park is a Pay and Display which should accept coins and the PayByPhone system and goes towards upkeep of the park. Make sure that you have the PaybyPhone app installed on your phone in case the parking machine does not work.
- The Visitor Centre will not be in use in the future – maps can only be ordered through the GMOA website..
- Signed from A54, 4 miles west of Congleton.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 795 654 Postcode: CW12 4SU
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 01477 534115
- Cheshire East web site for Brereton Heath Local Nature Reserve
- Information and activities, including car park charges
- Wikipedia entry for Brereton Heath
- Case Study
- Maintained by GMOA and Cheshire East Rangers
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.