- Last checked February 2021 – everything OK, except that post 7 is missing its identifying plaque.
- NB: the products now include a 1:10000 map with Yellow and Red courses, and a 1:15000 map with Green and Blue courses.
- NB: The small footpath shown from 2 to 3 sometimes is more of a sheep trod than a significant path, but you can easily get between the two controls.
- NB: Around the lake, there are several posts with orienteering symbols on, which look like remnants of a disused Trail-O course, and should not be confused with the real ones.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:10000 (beginner courses) and 1:15000 (harder courses). Last updated September 2020.
- The Start/Finish is at a track junction 100m up the road climbing South from the car park under the reservoir.
How to get a map
Clowbridge waterproof print£2.00
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park X Picnic Area
- NB: the Car park is Pay and Display … but has been closed for a while now so you’ll have to park on the main road or side streets opposite until restrictions are lifted.
- From the M66 follow A682 North towards Rawtenstall and Burnley. Go through Rawtenstall and Crawshawbooth. Continue on A682 approx 2 miles towards Burnley. Car park entrance on right hand side.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 824 281 Nearest Postcode: BB11 5PF
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 01706 881049
- United Utilities web site for Clowbridge
- Wikipedia entry for Clowbridge
- Maintained by GMOA
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.