- Last checked (thanks to our user Mark) – November 2023. Everything present but several plaques are very faded and symbols impossible to make out.
- NB: The area around post 15 is very tussocky and the mapped fences there are barbed wire, so the only comfortable way to access it is via the gate in the wall South of it.
- NB: the products now include a 1:10000 map with Yellow and Red courses, and a 1:15000 map with Green and Blue courses.
- NB: The small footpath shown from 2 to 3 sometimes is more of a sheep trod than a significant path, but you can easily get between the two controls.
- NB: Around the lake, there are several posts with orienteering symbols on, which look like remnants of a disused Trail-O course, and should not be confused with the real ones.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:10000 (beginner courses) and 1:15000 (harder courses). Last updated September 2020.
- The Start/Finish is at a track junction 100m up the road climbing South from the car park under the reservoir.
How to get a map
Clowbridge waterproof print£2.00
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park X Picnic Area
- NB: the Car park is Pay and Display … but has been closed for a while now so you’ll have to park on the main road or side streets opposite until restrictions are lifted.
- From the M66 follow A682 North towards Rawtenstall and Burnley. Go through Rawtenstall and Crawshawbooth. Continue on A682 approx 2 miles towards Burnley. Car park entrance on right hand side.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 824 281 Nearest Postcode: BB11 5PF
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 01706 881049
- United Utilities web site for Clowbridge
- Wikipedia entry for Clowbridge
- Maintained by GMOA
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.