- Last checked June 2020 – everything OK, except that … the path network seems to be changing and, in particular, the mapped path from 2 to 3 is indistinct to non-existent.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:10000. Last updated March 2020.
- NB. This map only shows the area used by the beginner courses. There is also an A3 map of the full area, with longer and more difficult courses, which is displayed on a board (see photo below) and can be obtained from United Utilities at Lever Park.
- The Start/Finish is at a track junction 100m up the road climbing South from the car park under the reservoir.
How to get a map
Clowbridge waterproof print£1.25
- For the A3 map including Blue Course and Trail-O – from United Utilities
Rivington Barn, Rivington, Bolton, Lancashire BL6 7SB
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Picnic Areas
- NB: the Car park is Pay and Display
- From the M66 follow A682 North towards Rawtenstall and Burnley. Go through Rawtenstall and Crawshawbooth. Continue on A682 approx 2 miles towards Burnley. Car park entrance on right hand side.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 824 281 Nearest Postcode: BB11 5PF
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 01706 881049
- United Utilities web site for Clowbridge
- Wikipedia entry for Clowbridge
- Maintained by United Utilities.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.