- Last checked May 2017. Everything OK.
- Checker report … the Macclesfield Forest POC remains in excellent condition. An area of the forest near the path to Shutlingsloe has been cleared, and the maps will soon reflect this.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:10000. Last updated 2015.
- There is also an A3 map of the whole forest, but the POC stays within the Southern and Central two-thirds.
- The Start/Finish is at the NorthEast corner of the Ranger building in the visitor car park near the SouthWest corner of Trentabank reservoir.
How to get a map
- From the Visitor Centre
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Picnic Areas
- From the A523 at the southern edge of Macclesfield, follow signs to Langley. Continue through Langley village. Fork right at the Leather’s Smithy pub. The visitor centre is on the right after about 1 Km.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 961 711 Nearest Postcode: SK11 0NS
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 01260 252832
- Macclesfield Forest web site
- Wikipedia entry for Macclesfield Forest
- Walking Route leaflet
- Maintained by Cheshire East Council.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.