- Last checked July 2020. Everything OK, though some of the plaques are becoming faded, and there’s undergrowth around K and U.
- A slightly non-standard post X has been installed a short distance from where X was before felling disappeared it. New description is “wall corner”, about 100m NE of where it used to be. Having the latest map might be a good idea.
- An area of the forest near the path to Shutlingsloe has been cleared but the control in the area has survived.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:10000. Last updated 2020 – some more recent forest clearances now mapped.
- There is also an A3 map of the whole forest, but the POC stays within the Southern and Central two-thirds.
- The Start/Finish is at the NorthEast corner of the Ranger building in the visitor car park near the SouthWest corner of Trentabank reservoir.
How to get a map
Macclesfield Forest waterproof print£1.75
Macclesfield Forest PDF£1.75
- From the Visitor Centre
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Picnic Areas
- From the A523 at the southern edge of Macclesfield, follow signs to Langley. Continue through Langley village. Fork right at the Leather’s Smithy pub. The visitor centre is on the right after about 1 Km.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 961 711 Nearest Postcode: SK11 0NS
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 01260 252832
- Macclesfield Forest web site
- Wikipedia entry for Macclesfield Forest
- Walking Route leaflet
- Maintained by Cheshire East Council.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.