- Last checked May 2023. Everything OK, and look out for the Longhorn cattle now grazing.
- Take care around posts U (marsh) and Z (brambles and vegetation).
- Control Q tends to become overgrown with vegetation.
- NB. wheelchair users will need to obtain a radar key from the Ranger’s office – to unlock the padlocks on the gates they must pass through.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:5000. Major update April 2021.
- There are two Starts: the North start is 500m from the Visitor Centre, at the gate into the Country Park. The South Start is a further 400m into the area, along the main track.
How to get a map
Tegg's Nose waterproof print£1.75
Tegg's Nose PDF£1.75
- Tegg’s Nose Information Centre and Cafe. Tel: 01625 374833
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe X Picnic Areas
- NB. The Car Park is Pay and Display
- From Macclesfield take A537 (Buxton). Road is straight for 3/4 mile then swings L. Take obvious R fork straight ahead to park.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 950 733 Nearest Post Code: SK11 0AP
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 01625 374833
- Tegg’s Nose Country Park web site
- Cheshire East web site for Tegg’s Nose
- Wikipedia entry for Tegg’s Nose
- Facebook page for Tegg’s Nose
- Climbing routes
- Maintained by GMOA and Cheshire East Rangers
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.