- Last checked June 2020. Everything OK … However, note that as of 11/7/2020, control X has been repositioned on the bridge 30m to the NE of the old site, and control F has been repositioned by an information board across the path from its old site overwhelmed by undergrowth – so make sure to have the latest map.
- Control Q tends to become overgrown with vegetation.
- NB. wheelchair users will need to obtain a radar key from the Ranger’s office – to unlock the padlocks on the gates they must pass through.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:5000. Last updated July 2020.
- There are two Starts: the North start is 500m from the Visitor Centre, at the gate into the Country Park. The South Start is a further 400m into the area, along the main track.
How to get a map
Tegg's Nose waterproof print£1.75
Tegg's Nose PDF£1.75
- Tegg’s Nose Information Centre and Cafe. Tel: 01625 374833
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe Picnic Areas
- NB. The Car Park is Pay and Display
- From Macclesfield take A537 (Buxton). Road is straight for 3/4 mile then swings L. Take obvious R fork straight ahead to park.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 950 733 Nearest Post Code: SK11 0AP
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 01625 374833
- Tegg’s Nose Country Park web site
- Cheshire East web site for Tegg’s Nose
- Wikipedia entry for Tegg’s Nose
- Facebook page for Tegg’s Nose
- Macclesfield Outdoors
- Climbing routes
- Maintained by Cheshire East Council.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.