- With great reluctance, GMOA have decided to give up trying to maintain this park. It has been the subject of significant and repeated vandalism, and fly tipping is an issue around some of the control sites. You can still have maps if you want them, but you have been warned!
- Final check was done in January 2017. The course is extremely wet and several posts are missing – K, Z, Q, W, C and U. There is a new fence and house in the area of G (not yet mapped) which mean that it is no longer visible.
Orienteering map details
- Orienteering map. A4 portrait, Scale 1:6000. Last updated 2015.
- Trail-O map. A4 portrait, Scale 1:5000. Last updated 2015
- The Start/Finish is by a boulder, less than 100m from the car park, along the road into the park.
How to get a map
Bowlee Community Park waterproof print£0.50
Bowlee Community Park PDF£0.50
Bowlee Community Park Trail-O waterproof print£0.50
Bowlee Community Park Trail-O PDF£0.50
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park
- From junction 19 of the M60, follow the A576 north for a third of a mile. Turn left onto the A6045 (Heywood Old Road). The park is on the east (right hand) side of this road.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 850 072. Postcode: M24 4GS.
Other useful information
- Park contact tel: 01706 992075
- Rochdale Council web site for Bowlee Community Park
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.