- Last checked July 2020. Everything OK … except posts D, J, K are missing, P is damaged, U has slipped down, XX and ZZ are overgrown.
- There has been felling North of the river, near M, P, YY which is not reflected on the map. There is also a new garden near LL which isn’t on the map.
Orienteering map details
- Full area map: A4 Landscape, Scale 1:6000. Last updated 2019.
- Central area map: A4 Portrait, Scale 1:2500. Last updated 2019.
- There has been some large scale felling of undergrowth and so some of the green slow runs are now much more accessible.
- The Start/Finish is about 250m from the car park, at a corner of the play area. This is relatively centrally located, to best support the Stars and Loops exercises available on the Central Area map.
How to get a map
Queen’s Park, Heywood waterproof print£1.25
Queen’s Park, Heywood PDF£1.25
Queen’s Park, central area waterproof print£0.75
Queen's Park, central area PDF£0.75
- Park Office, at the Lodge inside the main gates, when staff there. Ring contact number below to arrange collection there or at the Cafe.
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe Picnic areas
- Signed North from the A58 in Heywood, down Queen’s Park Road. Park is ¾ mile on the right, but car park is on the left of the road.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 858 115. Postcode: OL10 4UY.
Other useful information
- Park contact tel: 0170 662 0541 or 07976 059534
- Rochdale Council web site for Queens Park Heywood
- Friends of Queens Park web site
- Local history online
- Parks and Gardens UK
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.