- Last checked June 2023. Everything OK. Take care along the eroding river bank !
- NB. 15/9/2022 – Post F has been removed from the map and courses, over concern about its position amidst the BMX bike area. The central area map and courses are unaffected. Get yourself a new map !
- NB. from 1/9/2021, the hard-to-find ZZ has been moved to outside the adjacent thicket, the bramble-infested T has been moved to the knoll foot next to the wall, and the nasty XX has been moved to the cricket club gate (the old XX post will be removed in a few months time).
- September 2023 – the map has been brought right up to date.
Orienteering map details
- Full area map: A4 Landscape, Scale 1:6000. Last updated 2023.
- Central area map: A4 Portrait, Scale 1:2500. Last updated 2023.
- There has been some clearing of undergrowth and so some of the green slow runs are now much more accessible.
- The Start/Finish is about 250m from the car park, at a corner of the play area. This is relatively centrally located, to best support the Stars and Loops exercises available on the Central Area map.
How to get a map
Queen’s Park, Heywood waterproof print£1.25
Queen’s Park, Heywood PDF£1.25
Queen’s Park, central area waterproof print£0.75
Queen's Park, central area PDF£0.75
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe z Playground X Picnic areas
- Signed North from the A58 in Heywood, down Queen’s Park Road. Park is ¾ mile on the right, but car park is on the left of the road.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 858 115. Postcode: OL10 4UY.
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Park contact tel: 0845 226 1800 General enquiries in office hours
- Friends of Queens Park web site
- Local history online
- Parks and Gardens UK
- Maintenance by GMOA supported by Rochdale Council
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.