- Last checked May 2019. Everything present, although X is difficult to see under the bush.
- Also, it appears that someone with a can of grey paint has been targetting controls near the golf course.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:4000. Last updated 2017.
- The Start/Finish is about 200m from the car park, across the field, by a shelter. Though for orienteering it may be better to use the plentiful road-side parking near the Start/Finish.
How to get a map
Springfield Park waterproof print£1.00
Springfield Park PDF£1.00
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets
- From M60 junction 20, take the A627M north signed to Rochdale. Bear left at the end of the motorway onto the A664 and continue to the traffic lights. Turn left onto the A58 signed to Bury. At the next lights bear right to continue on the A58 along Bolton Road. The park entrance is 700m on right. Note that a 1-way system in the park means that you will emerge from a different place to where you entered.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 876 120, Nearest Post Code: OL11 4RE
Other useful information
- Park contact tel: 0845 226 1800 or 07800 672396
- Rochdale Council web site for Springfield Park
- Friends of Springfield Park web site
- Parks and Gardens UK
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.