- Last checked May 2022. Everything OK.
- 18/2/2022 – major maintenance visit to reduce disappearances into brambles – missing post L restored, but across the junction; post P replaced, post Y moved to the main path, post T moved to the nearby path junction, post H moved along the vegetation boundary, post A replaced by a plaque on the nearby gate. Get yourself a new map !
- NB. March 2021 – major revision of the base map following a SELOC event.
- NB. July 2020 – SF has been moved a few metres to a much better spot at the exit from the car park. M has been replaced in a slightly less vulnerable place on the fence corner close by.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated Feb 2022.
- The Start is at the exit from the car park.
How to get a map
Blackleach Country Park waterproof print£1.50
Blackleach Country Park PDF£1.50
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park
- From M60(J13) follow A575 N towards Walkden. After crossing A6, turn R after 1/2 mile in to Hill Top Road. Park is signed.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 737 038. Postcode: M28 3TD
Other useful information
- Park contact: email email@example.com or tel. 0161 793 4219
- Salford City Council web site for Blackleach Country Park
- Salford City Council web site for Friends of Blackleach
- Wikipedia entry for Blackleach Country Park
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Salford CC.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.