- Last checked October 2020 – everything OK.
- Significant refresh of the course Dec 2019 – post Y moved to new location, posts N, L, V, H, G, F replaced with plaques on nearby posts/fences, everything repainted and red and white plaques added. Make sure you have the latest map !
- Postwatcher comments: Direct path from E to S is currently overgrown with brambles and is not recommended. Path along fence outside field from C to towards D is overgrown but passable.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:8000. Last updated October 2020.
- The Start/Finish post is 4m North of the Visitor Centre building, in the car park.
How to get a map
Clifton Country Park waterproof print£1.25
Clifton Country Park PDF£1.25
Clifton Country Park HippsomApp£1.25
- From the Visitor Centre in the park. Please ring contact number for opening times
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets
- Sign on the cafe says it is open Mon-Sun 9.30-3.30.
- From M60(J16), anti-clockwise only, take A666 NW towards Farnworth. After 1/2 mile, turn R on to Clifton House Road. Park is at end after passing under railway bridge.
Clockwise traffic should follow the M61 to (J2), take the Bolton spur and leave at the first exit. Follow the A666 SE for 2 miles to Clifton House Road.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 771 041. Postcode: M27 6NG
Other useful information
- Park contact: Warden tel. 0161 793 4219
- Salford City Council web site for Clifton Country Park
- Salford City Council web site for the Wet Earth Colliery
- Salford City Council web site for the Clifton Country Park user group forum
- Visit Salford web site for Clifton Country Park
- Wikipedia entry for Clifton Country Park
- Irwell Sculture Trail
- Maintained by Salford CC.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.