- Last checked December 2017. nb. H is hiding behind a fallen tree.
- July postwatchers comments: Post F is quite short and may be difficult to see in the shade.
Post H is in vegetation but visible behind fallen tree.
Post K is visible but inaccessible behind seasonal bramble screen.
Post P is quite short and may be difficult to spot depending on direction of approach.
Post Y is quite short and may be difficult to spot depending on direction of approach; seasonal brambles are closing in.
Post T is within seasonal invasive vegetation which has been flattened as of late July.
Post V is obscured by seasonal invasive vegetation.
Post W is under tree canopy and beyond the invasive vegetation obscuring it from South side.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:8000. Last updated October 2016.
- The Start/Finish post is 4m North of the Visitor Centre building, in the car park.
How to get a map
- From the Visitor Centre in the park. Please ring contact number for opening times
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets
- From M60(J16), anti-clockwise only, take A666 NW towards Farnworth. After 1/2 mile, turn R on to Clifton House Road. Park is at end after passing under railway bridge.
Clockwise traffic should follow the M61 to (J2), take the Bolton spur and leave at the first exit. Follow the A666 SE for 2 miles to Clifton House Road.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 771 041. Postcode: M27 6NG
Other useful information
- Park contact: Warden tel. 0161 793 4219
- Salford City Council web site for Clifton Country Park
- Salford City Council web site for the Wet Earth Colliery
- Salford City Council web site for the Clifton Country Park user group forum
- Visit Salford web site for Clifton Country Park
- Wikipedia entry for Clifton Country Park
- Irwell Sculture Trail
- Maintained by Salford CC.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.