- Last checked May 2021 – everything OK.
- Significant refresh of the course Dec 2019 – post Y moved to new location, posts N, L, V, H, G, F replaced with plaques on nearby posts/fences, everything repainted and red and white plaques added. Make sure you have the latest map ! The old plaque V is visible, but not for long.
- Postwatcher comments: Direct path from E to S is currently overgrown with brambles and is not recommended. Path along fence outside field from C to towards D is overgrown but passable.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:8000. Last updated October 2020.
- The Start/Finish post is 4m North of the Visitor Centre building, in the car park.
How to get a map
Clifton Country Park waterproof print£1.25
Clifton Country Park PDF£1.25
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe z Playground
- Sign on the cafe says it is open Mon-Sun 9.30-3.30.
- From M60(J16), anti-clockwise only, take A666 NW towards Farnworth. After 1/2 mile, turn R on to Clifton House Road. Park is at end after passing under railway bridge.
Clockwise traffic should follow the M61 to (J2), take the Bolton spur and leave at the first exit. Follow the A666 SE for 2 miles to Clifton House Road.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 771 041. Postcode: M27 6NG
Other useful information
- Park contact: email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 0161 793 4219
- Salford City Council web site for Clifton Country Park
- Visit Salford web site for Clifton Country Park
- Wikipedia entry for Clifton Country Park
- Irwell Sculture Trail
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Salford CC.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.