- Last checked April 2018.
- Postwatcher comments: Conditions are excellent at the end of April and the ground is generally much drier than might be expected after the winter. All controls are currently visible without entering undergrowth. While posts Y and H are obscured by fallen tree debris, they are easily reached but beware the code for Y is North facing which is not the most accessible approach. There are a couple of smaller than usual control posts with correspondingly smaller codes which will be more difficult to locate once the vegetation shoots up. While the adjacent rail electrification work has resulted in a lot of sawn up tree stock alongside the southern perimeter path, these are not presenting a hazard.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:8000. Last updated October 2016.
- The Start/Finish post is 4m North of the Visitor Centre building, in the car park.
How to get a map
- From the Visitor Centre in the park. Please ring contact number for opening times
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets
- From M60(J16), anti-clockwise only, take A666 NW towards Farnworth. After 1/2 mile, turn R on to Clifton House Road. Park is at end after passing under railway bridge.
Clockwise traffic should follow the M61 to (J2), take the Bolton spur and leave at the first exit. Follow the A666 SE for 2 miles to Clifton House Road.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 771 041. Postcode: M27 6NG
Other useful information
- Park contact: Warden tel. 0161 793 4219
- Salford City Council web site for Clifton Country Park
- Salford City Council web site for the Wet Earth Colliery
- Salford City Council web site for the Clifton Country Park user group forum
- Visit Salford web site for Clifton Country Park
- Wikipedia entry for Clifton Country Park
- Irwell Sculture Trail
- Maintained by Salford CC.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.