- Last checked July 2021. Everything OK, though the start/finish and post H are swamped with vegetation.
- NB. post J has been moved out of brambles to the nearby log.
- NB. controls W, V, N were re-sited in 2019 to avoid oncoming vegetation – W is now a plaque on a nearby bench, V has been moved SE 40m or so, N has been moved up onto the embankment. Make sure you get the latest map !
- Brambles are continuing to expand everywhere.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:3000. Last updated April 2021.
- The Start/Finish post is just through the gate out of the North end of the car park.
How to get a map
Dukes Drive, Monton waterproof print£1.25
Dukes Drive, Monton PDF£1.25
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park
- From the South, leave the M60 at Jn 11 and follow the A57 East towards Eccles. Turn left onto Green Lane (B5231) and continue to Monton Green. The car park is left at the roundabout and immediately right.
- From the North, leave the M60 at Jn 13 and follow the B5211 South to Winton and then turn left onto Parrin Lane (B5229) and continue to Monton Green. The car park is on the left just before the roundabout.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 763 996, Nearest Post Code: M30 8AN
Other useful information
- Park contact: email email@example.com or tel. 0161 793 4219
- Salford City Council website for Dukes Drive
- Fascinating site all about the Bridgewater Canal
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Salford CC.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.