- Last checked January 2022. Everything OK.
- 14 Oct 2021 new Start/Finish plaque installed on a bench a few metres East of where the old post was.
- Note that control U was re-instated across the path from its old position, and post A has been moved 25m across to a visible spot on the edge of the adjacent patch of woods.
- Beware the Giant Hogweed, which can give a long-lasting blistering rash, though it looks like it may have been treated with something.
- Major infestation of rose-bay willow herb and Himalayan balsam may make some controls difficult to find in late summer.
- If you have a very old map … post E has been abandoned and replaced by P on the Short Yellow course; post Q has been moved away from fireplaces; R has been moved out of the undergrowth across the path to the bench.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated May 2021.
- The Start/Finish post is on the South side of the path:
How to get a map
Kersal Dale waterproof print£1.25
Kersal Dale PDF£1.25
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- From M60 (J17) follow A56 (Bury New Road) S towards Manchester. 1 mile beyond A6044 road bears R. Turn R here on to Radford Street to access park. (Last section of Radford Street is private and very narrow)
- Alternative street parking on Vine Street along north side of park. (near post H)
- OS Grid Reference: SD 823 017 Postcode: M7 4JR
Other useful information
- Warden tel. email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 0161 793 4219
- Salford City Council web site for Kersal Dale (The Cliff)
- The Woodland Trust web site for Kersal Dale
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Salford CC.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.