- Last checked January 2020. Everything OK except post U has gone missing.
- Beware the Giant Hogweed, which can give a long-lasting blistering rash.
- Major infestation of rose-bay willow herb may make some controls difficult to find in late summer.
- If you have an old map … post E has been abandoned and replaced by P on the Short Yellow course; post Q has been moved away from fireplaces; R has been moved out of the undergrowth across the path to the bench.
- (Nov 2016 … what looks like a couple of new ponds near G have been mapped but it looks like the groundworks are not yet complete).
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated November 2017.
- The Start/Finish post is on the South side of the path:
How to get a map
Kersal Dale waterproof print£1.25
Kersal Dale PDF£1.25
- From Clifton Country Park Visitor Centre (tel. 0161 793 4219)
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- From M60 (J17) follow A56 (Bury New Road) S towards Manchester. 1 mile beyond A6044 road bears R. Turn R here on to Radford Street to access park.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 823 017 Postcode: M7 4JR
Other useful information
- Warden tel. 0161 793 4219
or Moses Gate tel. 01204 334343
- Salford City Council web site for Kersal Dale (The Cliff)
- The Woodland Trust web site for Kersal Dale /The Cliff
- The Woodland Trust web site for Kersal Dale
- Maintained by Salford CC.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.