- Last checked October 2020. Everything OK – note that control U has been re-instated across the path from its old position.
- Beware the Giant Hogweed, which can give a long-lasting blistering rash, though it looks like it may have been treated with something.
- Major infestation of rose-bay willow herb and Himalayan balsam may make some controls difficult to find in late summer – in particular A is very hard to get to.
- If you have a very old map … post E has been abandoned and replaced by P on the Short Yellow course; post Q has been moved away from fireplaces; R has been moved out of the undergrowth across the path to the bench.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated July 2020.
- The Start/Finish post is on the South side of the path:
How to get a map
Kersal Dale waterproof print£1.25
Kersal Dale PDF£1.25
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- From M60 (J17) follow A56 (Bury New Road) S towards Manchester. 1 mile beyond A6044 road bears R. Turn R here on to Radford Street to access park. (Last section of Radford Street is private and very narrow)
- Alternative street parking on Vine Street along north side of park. (near post H)
- OS Grid Reference: SD 823 017 Postcode: M7 4JR
Other useful information
- Warden tel. email email@example.com or tel. 0161 793 4219
- Salford City Council web site for Kersal Dale (The Cliff)
- The Woodland Trust web site for Kersal Dale
- Maintenance supported by Salford CC.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.