- Last checked November 2023. Everything OK.
- STOP PRESS – make sure you get a new map !! (Feb 2023) The Start/Finish post has been moved a few metres across the path to a less exposed spot. Previously … Post F has been moved a few metres across to the path inside the wood (from the overgrown path along the river bank). T is now a plaque on the bench close to its previous site, and Z is now a plaque on the bench opposite. The base map has also been updated in several places.
- NB. post I was getting difficult to approach and subject to fly tipping. A new post I has been installed in a much better place, and the map updated, as of 27/6/2020.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:3000. Last updated 2023.
- The Start/Finish is a path junction close to the Garden Centre car park:
How to get a map
Princes Park, Irlam waterproof print£1.25
Princes Park, Irlam PDF£1.25
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe z Playground
- Free parking is available at the Garden Centre and the Leisure Centre.
- Cafe and toilets available in the Leisure Centre, and the Garden Centre has a cafe.
- From the A57, Cadishead to Eccles road, take either the B5320 or B5311 to Irlam. Princes Park is near the junction of these 2 roads. Free parking is available outside the Princes Park Garden Centre and alongside the Leisure Centre on the B5320.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 721 941. Postcode: M44 6BR
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Contact: email email@example.com or tel. 0161 793 4219
- Salford City Council web site for Prince’s Park, Irlam
- Irlam & Cadishead War Memorial – John Cassidy, Sculptor
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Salford CC.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.