- Last checked March 2021. Everything OK, though the Leisure Centre facilities are still closed.
- NB. post I was getting difficult to approach and subject to fly tipping. A new post I has been installed in a much better place, and the map updated, as of 27/6/2020. The old post will stay in-situ for a few months.
- And if you have a very very old map, note that … what was B is now K and has moved a few metres; what was K is now W and has been moved away from the vanished willow structure; X has been moved out of its undergrowth to a nearby hedge corner.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:3000. Last updated 2020.
- The Start/Finish is a path junction close to the Garden Centre car park:
How to get a map
Princes Park, Irlam waterproof print£1.25
Princes Park, Irlam PDF£1.25
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe z Playground
- Free parking is available at the Garden Centre and the Leisure Centre.
- Cafe and toilets available in the Leisure Centre
- From the A57, Cadishead to Eccles road, take either the B5320 or B5311 to Irlam. Princes Park is near the junction of these 2 roads. Free parking is available outside the Princes Park Garden Centre and alongside the Leisure Centre on the B5320.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 721 941. Postcode: M44 6BR
Other useful information
- Contact: email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 0161 793 4219
- Salford City Council web site for Prince’s Park, Irlam
- Irlam & Cadishead War Memorial – John Cassidy, Sculptor
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Salford CC.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.