- Last checked September 2023. Everything OK.
- NB. Post N has been moved out of its nest of brambles – about 25m along its earthbank and at the top rather than the foot.
- NB. 26/2/2021 … rotted post I has become a plaque on the fence end nearby.
- Posts L, C, W, M, A may become overgrown in the summer.
- It looks like the wooden sculptures along the paths from TC to Start2 are beginning to struggle – a couple have gone missing recently.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:5000. Last updated April 2022.
- The South Start is a 200m walk due West from the entrance by the junction of Broad Oak Rd and Greenleach Lane (SE), or a 200m walk due North from the entrance at the top of Sefton Drive (S).
- The West entrance is at the end of Aviary Road, and leads to the area for the short White loop:
- The North Start is about 100m SouthWest of Beesley Green:
How to get a map
Worsley Woods waterproof print£1.50
Worsley Woods PDF£1.50
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- z Playground near Start 1
- There is parking at Beesley Green off Greenleach Lane for the North entrance or on-street parking near to all the other entrances.
- North entrance – from A575, just south of the A580, turn east into Greenleach Lane, Roe Green.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 747 016. Postcode: M28 2QW
- South entrance – from A572, east of M60, turn north into Sefton Drive.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 753 007. Postcode: M28 2NQ
- South-East entrance – from A572, east of M60, turn NW into Greenleach Lane.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 755 009. Postcode M28 2TS
- West entrance, St Marks School Postcode M28 2WF
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Contact: email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 0161 793 4219
- Salford City Council web site for Worsley Woods
- Woodland Trust web site for Worsley Woods
- Visit Salford web site – Worsley Heritage Trail
- Maintained by GMOA, supported by Salford CC.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.