- Last checked January 2020. Everything OK.
- Posts C,M and TV may become overgrown in the summer.
- Avoid going through the motorway underpass southeast of TU on the south west side as the southern area has a very deep wet muddy patch to traverse.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:5000. Last updated April 2019.
- The South Start is a 200m walk due West from the entrance by the junction of Broad Oak Rd and Greenleach Lane (SE), or a 200m walk due North from the entrance at the top of Sefton Drive (S).
- The West entrance is at the end of Aviary Road, and leads to the area for the short White loop:
- The North Start is about 100m SouthWest of Beesley Green:
How to get a map
Worsley Woods waterproof print£1.50
Worsley Woods PDF£1.50
- From Clifton Country Park (tel. 0161 793 4219) or Blackleach Country Park (tel. 0161 790 7746) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- There is parking at Beesley Green off Greenleach Lane for the North entrance or on-street parking near the South entrance.
- North entrance – from A575, just south of the A580, turn east into Greenleach Lane, Roe Green.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 747 016. Postcode: M28 2QW
- South entrance – from A572, east of M60, turn north into Sefton Drive.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 753 007. Postcode: M28 2NQ
- South-East entrance – from A572, east of M60, turn NW into Greenleach Lane.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 755 009. Postcode: M28 2TS
Other useful information
- Contact: Tel. 0161 793 4219 or email email@example.com
- Salford City Council web site for Worsley Woods
- Woodland Trust web site for Worsley Woods
- Visit Salford web site – Worsley Heritage Trail
- Maintained by Salford CC.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.