- Last checked November 2023. Everything OK.
- NB. The mown paths through the meadows are now mapped.
- NB. Z is now a plaque on the fence by the new car park. What was post D is now plaque D on the old fence; the vanished Post J has been replaced at the upper end of the bridge.
- NB. there’s been some planting of tiny new trees, which are now on the map.
- Note that Post N was re-positioned in 2019 after two consecutive thefts, and recently (Aug 2020) had to be moved again to behind a nearby bench – make sure you get a new map.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:5000. Last updated 2023.
- The Start/Finish is a few metres up a track from the SW side of the main car park.
How to get a map
Brabyns Park waterproof print£1.75
Brabyns Park PDF£1.75
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park z Playground
- From M60 (J27) follow A626 to Marple. At Marple centre (traffic lights) turn L and follow A626 Glossop, descending steep hill to Marple Bridge. Park is on L near bottom of hill approx 200m beyond Marple station.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 964 896. Nearest Post Code: SK6 5EX
- Public transport options