- Stop Press, 9/1/2021: only the White course is currently complete and accessible, and parking inside the Rugby Club gate may be precarious because there’s a notice that warns the gate may be locked on you. A large area near the river is fenced off (for at least 8 weeks) for “repairs”, so you can’t get near any of the Orange controls, and the map will certainly need updating when they have finished !
- Last checked October 2020 – everything OK on White, but D and E are missing on Beginner. Some Orange controls may be very hard to find
- Feb 2020 – the often-flooded path between EE and TC has been resurfaced and is open again.
- Note that the plaque that was W is now TC, and post J has been moved out from its covering of brambles.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:3000. Last updated March 2020.
- There is also a 1:8000 map of Mersey Vale, covering the area around the Rugby Club, and Eastwards towards Stockport. Last updated 2020. This has no controls or courses.
- There are two Starts – one by the Rugby Club building, for the Beginner course; and one by the entrance, for the others.
How to get a map
Burnage Rugby Club waterproof print£1.50
Burnage Rugby Club PDF£1.50
Burnage RC Mersey Vale waterproof print£0.50
Burnage RC Mersey Vale PDF£0.50
- Maps are held behind the bar at the Rugby Club. Check availability on 0161 432 2150
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets
- The rugby club is signed from the A5145, approx 1km east of the A34 (Kingsway) or 4km west of Stockport. Turn south onto Station Rd and follow the signs along Vale Rd and Battersey Rd through the industrial estate to the Rugby Club car park.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 862 901 Post Code: SK4 3EA
Other useful information
- Contact: Ian Sheldrake 07905 851299
- Wikipedia entry for Burnage Rugby Club
- Mersey Valley Nature Park
- Canoe activities
- Maintained by Burnage Rugby Club.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.