- Stop Press 9/5/2022 – a new Deer Sanctuary notice implies that post A is now strictly speaking inaccessible.
- 4/12/2021 … a number of the Permanent Course posts have been moved to new positions – to provide White and Yellow courses avoiding the meadow, avoid bracken and bramble overgrowth and reduce distances in tussocks. Posts affected are AN, L, P, N, H, AT, Y, AH, X – you need to get yourself a new map !
- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. Buy the MapRun bundle. See the Smartphones page for details.
- Last complete check September 2021 – Everything OK. Take care not to get locked in as the park closes at 4.30 until at least Christmas.
- NB. mountain bikers remain active in Lantern Wood and have also made several tracks in Knights Low Wood.
- NB. The presence of livestock in the park – deer, sheep and cattle – means users should be aware of ticks, and read the notices posted in the park about them.
Orienteering map details
- A3 Portrait, Scale 1:10000. Last updated January 2022.
- The Start/Finish is at a road/stream junction directly across the road from the main car park.
How to get a map
Lyme waterproof print£2.00
Lyme MapRun Bundle 75min Score£2.00
- Info Centre in car park 11.00 – 4.00
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe z Playground X Picnic areas
- The playground near the cafe is an excellent adventure playground
- From Stockport follow A6 S through Hazel Grove to High Lane. 1 mile beyond here road begins long L bend. Main park entrance is on R at beginning of bend. National Trust charges are collected at the park entrance hut. The car park is then 1 mile along the drive.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 965 824 Nearest Post Code: SK12 2NX
Other useful information
- Head Warden 01663 762023
- National Trust web site for Lyme Park
- Wikipedia entry for Lyme Park
- Peak District Information
- Visit Peak District
- Britain Express
- Maintenance supported by National Trust.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.