- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. Buy the MapRun bundle. See the Smartphones page for details.
- Last complete check December 2020 – Everything OK, but note that … whilst the sheep are no longer in the Meadow making L, AN and P accessible not all of the stiles are useable. The fence around trees at EM is no longer present. The park is very wet at the moment following heavy rain. Mountain bikers remain active in Lantern Wood and have also made several tracks in Knights Low Wood.
- (previously) NB. The meadow is out of bounds at present with the only open footpath being the Gritstone Trail section from the car park through Knights Low Wood. This means that posts AN, L and P are not currently accessible. Whilst mountain bikes should not be an issue it is clear that they do visit Lantern Wood on a regular basis and this has resulted in a number of tracks not on the map.
- NB. The presence of livestock in the park – deer, sheep and cattle – means users should be aware of ticks, and read the notices posted in the park about them.
Orienteering map details
- A3 Portrait, Scale 1:10000. Last updated April 2020.
- Also provided in the map pack are A4 Landscape maps at Scale 1:5000 showing the White and Yellow courses.
- The Start/Finish is at a road/stream junction directly across the road from the main car park.
How to get a map
Lyme waterproof print£2.00
Lyme MapRun Bundle 75min Score£2.00
- Info Centre in car park 11.00 – 4.00
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe z Playground X Picnic areas
- The playground near the cafe is an excellent adventure playground
- From Stockport follow A6 S through Hazel Grove to High Lane. 1 mile beyond here road begins long L bend. Main park entrance is on R at beginning of bend. National Trust charges are collected at the park entrance hut. The car park is then 1 mile along the drive.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 965 824 Nearest Post Code: SK12 2NX
Other useful information
- Head Warden 01663 762023
- National Trust web site for Lyme Park
- Wikipedia entry for Lyme Park
- Peak District Information
- Visit Peak District
- Britain Express
- Maintenance supported by National Trust.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.