- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. See the Smartphones page for details.
- Last complete check September 2019. Partial check January 2020 – Everything OK.
- NB. all accesses to the field containing posts AN, L, P are under review following incidences of dogs worrying sheep, and some are closed off. You can still use the Gritstone Trail path from G towards HE, but that may be it.
- NB. The presence of livestock in the park – deer, sheep and cattle – means users should be aware of ticks, and read the notices posted in the park about them.
Orienteering map details
- A3 Portrait, Scale 1:10000. Last updated April 2020.
- Also provided in the map pack are A4 Landscape maps at Scale 1:5000 showing the White and Yellow courses.
- The Start/Finish is at a road/stream junction directly across the road from the main car park.
How to get a map
Lyme waterproof print£2.00
Lyme MapRun Bundle 75min Score£2.00
- Info Centre in car park 11.00 – 4.00 or the Estate Office in Hall
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe Picnic areas
- And there’s an excellent adventure playground
- From Stockport follow A6 S through Hazel Grove to High Lane. 1 mile beyond here road begins long L bend. Main park entrance is on R at beginning of bend. The car park is 1 mile along drive.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 965 824 Nearest Post Code: SK12 2NX
Other useful information
- Head Warden 01663 762023
- National Trust web site for Lyme Park
- Wikipedia entry for Lyme Park
- Peak District Information
- Visit Peak District
- Britain Express
- Maintained by National Trust.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.