- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. Buy the MapRun bundle. See the Smartphones page for details.
- Last complete check September 2021 – Everything OK. Take care not to get locked in as the park closes at 4.30 until at least Christmas !!
- NB. mountain bikers remain active in Lantern Wood and have also made several tracks in Knights Low Wood.
- NB. The meadow is now marked out of bounds with the only open footpath being the Gritstone Trail section from the car park through Knights Low Wood. This means that posts AN, L and P have been removed from the map; White and Yellow courses withdrawn; control G replaces AN on Green and Blue.
- NB. The presence of livestock in the park – deer, sheep and cattle – means users should be aware of ticks, and read the notices posted in the park about them.
Orienteering map details
- A3 Portrait, Scale 1:10000. Last updated March 2021.
- The Start/Finish is at a road/stream junction directly across the road from the main car park.
How to get a map
Lyme waterproof print£2.00
Lyme MapRun Bundle£2.00
- Info Centre in car park 11.00 – 4.00
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe z Playground X Picnic areas
- The playground near the cafe is an excellent adventure playground
- From Stockport follow A6 S through Hazel Grove to High Lane. 1 mile beyond here road begins long L bend. Main park entrance is on R at beginning of bend. National Trust charges are collected at the park entrance hut. The car park is then 1 mile along the drive.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 965 824 Nearest Post Code: SK12 2NX
Other useful information
- Head Warden 01663 762023
- National Trust web site for Lyme Park
- Wikipedia entry for Lyme Park
- Peak District Information
- Visit Peak District
- Britain Express
- Maintenance supported by National Trust.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.