- NB. Most of the control sites are marked with either a painted sign on a bench, or a small 4-inch mini-plaque nailed to a tree or stuck to a metal post.
- Extensions to mini-railway may need to be mapped when complete.
- Last checked June 2017. The course is not in good condition – 4 of the controls are missing and many others are in very poor condition. 6/7/2017 – More detailed report from a Brownies leader: D is missing as the council have removed the gym equipment, K is missing, M cannot be seen as it is covered by leaves and T is hidden in a hawthorn hedge.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:2000. Last updated 2015.
- The Start is an unmarked noticeboard close by the park entrance from the shopping centre car park.
How to get a map
- On Sunday and Wednesday afternoons maps available at the Park Pavilion.
All week from Woods Papershop at 123 Wilmslow Road on the west side of B5358 opposite Royal Bank of Scotland.
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- Park (time limits apply) behind the Paddock Shopping Centre which is on the west side of the B5358 Wilmslow Road in the centre of Handforth, between Meriton Road and Grangeway. Enter the Park from the south west corner of the parking area.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ855837 Post Code: SK9 3HB
Other useful information
- Friends contact: Mike Bishop 01625 524123
- Cheshire East web site for Meriton Road Park
- Friends of Meriton Road Park
- Wilmslow News
- Facebook page for Meriton Road Park
- Maintained by Friends of Meriton Road Park.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.