- Last checked July 2021. Everything OK,
- NB. (March 2021) note that the footpath under the viaduct going NorthWest from VT is falling into the river and has safety barriers across it.
- NB. (22/2/2021) – posts Q and M dropped from the map, and post L replaced by a plaque on the gatepost, all due to continued extreme undergrowth. If you have an old map, note that Post M was rotten and has been removed from the ground as well as the map.
- NB. some ruined fences are now no more than lines of posts.
- NB. (18/5/2020) post E has been moved 20m to a new position at the top of the steps, out of the brambles.
- In summer, the undergrowth can cause problems, with posts LT disappearing into the vegetation, and access to F being hampered by the vegetation. Controls T, HL, TT, VN and to a lesser extent S and C may also be overgrown later in the Summer.
Orienteering map details
- Full orienteering map: A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated 2021.
- Starter map (black and white): A4 Portrait, Scale 1:2500. Last updated 2010. Obtainable on request.
- The Start/Finish is a path end, at the North end of the car park.
How to get a map
Reddish Vale waterproof print£2.00
Reddish Vale PDF£2.00
Reddish Vale starter waterproof print£0.50
Reddish Vale starter PDF£0.50
Reddish Vale MapRun Bundle 45min Score£2.00
- From the cafe, when it is open – Sat 12-4, other days 10-4.
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe X Picnic tables
- From M60(J27) follow A626 N (Manchester) to roundabout at top of hill. Follow B6167 (Halfords on L) for 1 mile to traffic lights. Turn R on to Reddish Vale Road (200m S of Reddish South Station). Follow for 1/2 mile to park (road becomes very narrow).
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 904 934 Nearest Post Code: SK5 7HE
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 0161 477 5637
- Reddish Vale Country Park
- Wikipedia entry for Reddish Vale
- Another Reddish Vale Country Park
- Maintained by GMOA
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.