- Last checked August 2019. Everything OK. But … some ruined fences are now no more than lines of posts.
- in summer … the undergrowth is can cause problems, with Posts L, Q and LT disappearing into the vegetation, and access to M, and to a lesser extent F, being hampered by the vegetation.
- Controls T, HL, TT, VN may also be overgrown later in the Summer.
Orienteering map details
- Full orienteering map: A4 Landscape, Scale 1:5000. Last updated 2019.
- Starter map (black and white): A4 Portrait, Scale 1:2500. Last updated 2010. Obtainable on request.
- The Start/Finish is a path end, at the North end of the car park.
How to get a map
Reddish Vale waterproof print£2.00
Reddish Vale PDF£2.00
Reddish Vale starter waterproof print£0.50
Reddish Vale starter PDF£0.50
- From the cafe, when it is open – Sat 12-4, other days 10-4.
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe
- From M60(J27) follow A626 N (Manchester) to roundabout at top of hill. Follow B6167 (Halfords on L) for 1 mile to traffic lights. Turn R on to Reddish Vale Road (200m S of Reddish South Station). Follow for 1/2 mile to park (road becomes very narrow).
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 904 934 Postcode: SK5 7HE
Other useful information
- Ranger Tel: 0161 477 5637
- Reddish Vale Country Park
- Wikipedia entry for Reddish Vale
- Another Reddish Vale Country Park
- Maintained by Stockport MBC.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.