- Last checked May 2023. Everything OK.
- December 2020 – the new bridge at P is now open, and P is now a plaque on the path junction at the South end of it.
- February 2017 – control 36 has been re-positioned on the SE side of the pond; control 93 has been re-positioned on a boulder about 30 metres North of the marsh it was in.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:7500. Last updated February 2022.
- The Start/Finish is a thicket end, centrally placed at the edge of the top level open areas. It is a 600m walk from the main car park, and a similar distance from the alternative.
How to get a map
Woodbank Park waterproof print£1.75
Woodbank Park PDF£1.75
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Parks
- Cafe d Toilets z Playground can be found in Vernon Park, adjacent to the Main Car park, 150 m west of post I
- From M60 (J27) follow A626 (Marple). At top of steep hill A626 turns L at traffic lights. 100m after lights turn L on to Turncroft Lane. Follow to sharp R bend. Main Car Park is here (CP on map). Alternative car park is 500m further on by the Community Centre just before the traffic lights.
- OS Grid Reference (Athletics track): SJ 914 904
- Post Code near Main Car Park: SK1 4AR Post Code near Alternative Car Park SK1 4JS
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Contact Tel: 0161 483 6708
- Stockport Council web site for Woodbank Park
- Wikipedia entry for Woodbank
- Friends of Woodbank Park
- Maintained by GMOA
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.