- Last checked October 2018 – everything OK except post O is missing.
- Controls O, Q, R may be overgrown in Summer.
- February 2017 – control 36 has been re-positioned on the SE side of the pond; control 93 has been re-positioned on a boulder about 30 metres North of the marsh it was in.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:7500. Last updated 2017.
- The Start/Finish is a thicket end, centrally placed at the edge of the top level open areas. It is a 600m walk from the main car park, and a similar distance from the alternative.
How to get a map
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Parks
- From M60 (J27) follow A626 (Marple). At top of steep hill A626 turns L at traffic lights. 100m after lights turn L on to Turncroft Lane. Follow to sharp R bend. Park can be accessed from here. Main car park is 500m further on L by Community Centre just before traffic lights.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 915 904 Nearest Post Code: SK1 4JR
Other useful information
- Contact Tel: 0161 483 6708
- Stockport Council web site for Woodbank Park
- Wikipedia entry for Woodbank
- Friends of Woodbank Park
- Maintained by Stockport MBC.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.