- Last checked November 2020. Everything OK.
- All posts / plaques in place and accessible. All are visible, and codes legible if approached from a sensible direction. The Hollingworth elves have been at work, and have done a great job in clearing the access to control V (it was surrounded by branches of a fallen tree in May 18)
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:2000. Map completely redrawn June 2020.
- The Start/Finish post is at a path junction 400m along the main track, coming in from the SouthEast park entrance:
How to get a map
Etherow Lodge Park waterproof print£1.25
Etherow Lodge Park PDF£1.25
- From Friends of Etherow Lodge Park. Tel. 01457 766 244 or 01457 762125
- or One Call Services, 42 Market Street, Hollingworth Tel. 01457 762 860
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Roadside parking only X Picnic table
- This site does not have a car park. Directions are to roadside parking over the River Etherow. Take A57 from the A628 at the traffic lights in Hollingworth. Cross Woolley Bridge and at small roundabout bear left. Keep left at next fork and continue to large roundabout. Turn left into Graphite Way and park just after the first industrial unit on the left. From here a footpath leads to a footbridge over the river onto the site.
- Car parking – OS Grid Reference: SK 014 964, Post Code: SK13 1QH
- Pedestrian entrance from A628 – OS Grid Reference: SK 011 966, Post Code: SK14 8HY
Other useful information
- Contact: Tel. 01457 762 125 or 01457 766 244
- Etherow Lodge Park web site
- Maintained by GMOA, suppoorted by Friends of Etherow Lodge Park
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.