- Last checked April 2019. Everything OK.
- If your map is before last October, you’ll need a new one as …
- NB. All the paths in the Southern open area have been re-mapped, along with some other details.
- NB. Post Z has been moved to a new feature so finding it should now be possible.
- Controls W N and Y may be overgrown in Summer.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:4000. Last updated April 2019.
- The Start/Finish is at the end of Gorse Hall Drive, just outside the park entrance. It is a 200m walk from the car park on Quarry Street.
Gorse Hall Start/Finish Post
How to get a map
- From Ashton-under-Lyne Tourist Information Centre, tel. 0161-342-2826/7,
or from Stalybridge and Dukinfield Libraries,
or Park Bridge Heritage Centre: Tel. 0161-330 9613
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park
- From B6175, Stalybridge, High Street, turn up Quarry Street at the now-closed “The Stone Jug” pub. Car Park on the left after about 125 metres and it is marked on the site map – the car park is currently blocked off but you can park safely on the road adjacent.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 960 980, Nearest Post Code: SK15 1SH
Other useful information: Friends of Gorse Hall – Contact: Alan Pickles 07790 006345
- Tameside MBC web site for Friends of Gorse Hall
- Friends of Gorse Hall web site
- Wikipedia entry for Gorse Hall
- Maintained by Friends of Gorse Hall and GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.