- Last checked June 2018. Everything OK and all controls in place, except posts and F seem to have disappeared.
- Some paths have changed and maps printed mid October 2017 onwards reflect this. There’s a new path that seems to arc between the vicinities of F and J that isn’t on any map.
- Controls W N and Y may be overgrown in Summer.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:4000. Last updated 2017.
- The Start/Finish is at the end of Gorse Hall Drive, just outside the park entrance. It is a 200m walk from the car park on Quarry Street.
Gorse Hall Start/Finish Post
How to get a map
- From Ashton-under-Lyne Tourist Information Centre, tel. 0161-342-2826/7,
or from Stalybridge and Dukinfield Libraries,
or Park Bridge Heritage Centre: Tel. 0161-330 9613
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park
- From B6175, Stalybridge, High Street, turn up Quarry Street at the now-closed “The Stone Jug” pub. Car Park on the left after about 125 metres and it is marked on the site map – the car park is currently blocked off but you can park safely on the road adjacent.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 960 980, Nearest Post Code: SK15 1SH
Other useful information: Friends of Gorse Hall – Contact: Alan Pickles 07790 006345
- Tameside MBC web site for Friends of Gorse Hall
- Friends of Gorse Hall web site
- Wikipedia entry for Gorse Hall
- Maintained by Friends of Gorse Hall and GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.