- Last checked February 2018 (apart from G,F,B) … as follows
- There has been extensive vegetation clearing in various parts, noticeably round posts D and N, which has greatly improved visibility.
- There is extensive work in the area near start, posts Q and I – there is fencing round the area beside football pitches, from start, post I, post Q, footpath to road and road, and the undergrowth has all been cleared, but we don’t know what is being done. Post I and start are still visible behind the fence, but post Q is not.
- The open area to north of post P is also fenced off, containing large mounds of silt from work being done to fishing lake.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:5000. Last updated 2012.
- Courses start at the edge of the wood near the SouthEast corner of the Southern lake, and finish at the SouthWest corner, by the steps from the car park. The Start is about 100m from the car park.
How to get a map
- From Park Bridge Heritage Centre. Tel. 0161 330 9613
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park
- Note the car park is Pay and Display
- The adjacent Stamford Park has a full set of facilities.
- From M60 (J23) follow A635 E past Ashton-u-Lyne. From large roundabout (buildings within) at end of bypass, follow A670 (Mossley) for 1/2 mile to traffic lights. Turn R on to Darnton Road. Park is on L after 1/2 mile after passing Tameside Hospital.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 955 993, Nearest Post Code: OL6 9RW
Other useful information
- Park contact Tel: 01457 765 780
- Tameside MBC web site for the Tame Valley
- Tameside Council site for adjacent Stamford Park
- Parks and Gardens (Stamford Park)
- Maintained by Tameside MBC.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.