- Last checked August 2017. Everything OK, but undergrowth is liable to affect N, V, D, F and the Start.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Portrait, Scale 1:5000. Last updated 2012.
- Courses start at the edge of the wood near the SouthEast corner of the Southern lake, and finish at the SouthWest corner, by the steps from the car park. The Start is about 100m from the car park.
How to get a map
- From Park Bridge Heritage Centre. Tel. 0161 330 9613
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park
- Note the car park is Pay and Display
- The adjacent Stamford Park has a full set of facilities.
- From M60 (J23) follow A635 E past Ashton-u-Lyne. From large roundabout (buildings within) at end of bypass, follow A670 (Mossley) for 1/2 mile to traffic lights. Turn R on to Darnton Road. Park is on L after 1/2 mile after passing Tameside Hospital.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 955 993, Nearest Post Code: OL6 9RW
Other useful information
- Park contact Tel: 01457 765 780
- Tameside MBC web site for the Tame Valley
- Tameside Council site for adjacent Stamford Park
- Parks and Gardens (Stamford Park)
- Maintained by Tameside MBC.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.