- Last checked August 2021. Everything OK. STOP PRESS (Aug 10 2021) – control J has been moved a few metres to the junction with the main path, to avoid being overgrown; a new control S has been installed in a completely new position to avoid brambles and balsam; a new control T has been installed in a completely new position as it had become impossible to get to. The old posts S and T will be left a few months so old maps will still work – they’ll probably be removed around Christmas. Maps printed after 10 Aug will show the new positions, so make sure you get one!!
- Feb 2020 – Controls K L X have been moved away from brambles (approx 30m in various directions) so they should be find-able all year round. The old posts have now been removed – but maps printed from the 25th Feb 2020 onwards will show the new positions.
- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. Buy the MapRun bundle. See the Smartphones page for details.
- NB. old post S may be hard to see in the undergrowth (K, L, X should be visible now) Old post T is easiest accessed from the NE but is pretty much inaccessible.
- The area on the South West of the motorway footbridge can get quite muddy after rain but the paths on the lake side are generally drier. Some of the posts are hard to find because of the dense vegetation, and some small paths are also overgrown
- NB. Post C has been moved to just inside the field to make it more accessible.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:7500. Last updated September 2021.
- The Watersports Start is on the SouthEast side of the Watersports building.
- The Visitor Centre Start is at the NorthEast side of the Visitor Centre building.
How to get a map
Sale Water Park waterproof print£1.00
Sale Water Park PDF£1.00
Sale Water Park MapRun Bundle 45min Score£2.00
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Parks d Toilets Cafe X Picnic areas
- Tree Tops Cafe open 8.30 – 4pm every day at the Visitor Centre. Toilets available during cafe opening times.
- On E side of M60(J6). Follow ‘Trafford Water Sports Centre’ signs from roundabout. Pass the metro station. The Visitor Centre (now closed but has toilets and cafe) is on the right. Or continue to the Trafford Water Sports Centre.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 806 926 Postcode: M33 2LX
Other useful information
- Wikipedia entry for Sale Water Park
- VisitManchester site for Sale Water Park
- WaterSports Centre. o1782 722226
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.