- STOP PRESS. Controls K L X have been moved away from brambles (approx 30m in various directions) so they should be find-able all year round. The old posts have been left in place (and will stay for a few months) – so maps printed before 25 Feb 2020 can still be used – but maps printed from the 25th Feb onwards will show the new positions.
- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. See the Smartphones page for details.
- Last checked September 2020. Everything OK, except post A has gone missing. S may be hard to see in the undergrowth (K, L, X should be visible now, T is easiest accessed from the NE).
- The area on the South West of the motorway footbridge can get quite muddy after rain but the paths on the lake side are generally drier. Some of the posts are hard to find because of the dense vegetation, and some small paths are also overgrown
- NB. Post C has been moved to just inside the field to make it more accessible.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:7500. Last updated February 2020.
- The Watersports Start is on the SouthEast side of the Watersports building.
- The Visitor Centre Start is at the NorthEast side of the Visitor Centre building.
How to get a map
Sale Water Park waterproof print£1.00
Sale Water Park PDF£1.00
Sale Water Park MapRun Bundle 45min Score£2.00
- From Trafford Water Sports Centre Reception. Open 10 – 4 every day. Chris: 0161 962 9893
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Parks d Toilets Cafe Picnic areas
- On E side of M60(J6). Follow ‘Trafford Water Sports Centre’ signs from roundabout. Pass the metro station. The Visitor Centre (now closed but has toilets and cafe) is on the right. Or continue to the Trafford Water Sports Centre.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 802 929 Postcode: M33 2LX
Other useful information
- Cafe Metro is open Tue-Sun 9.30-3.30 during the winter. Facebook page
- New ‘TreeTops Cafe’ open 8.30 – 4pm Wednesday to Sunday at the Visitor Centre. Toilets available during cafe opening times.
- Wikipedia entry for Sale Water Park
- VisitManchester site for Sale Water Park
- WaterSports Centre
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.