- New! You can now record your run using the MapRun App on your Smartphone. Score points and share your results too. See the Smartphones page for details.
- Last checked February 2019. Everything OK. The area on the South West of the motorway footbridge can get quite muddy after rain but the paths on the lake side are generally drier.
- NB. Post C has been moved to just inside the field to make it more accessible.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:7500. Last updated March 2019.
- The Watersports Start is on the SouthEast side of the Watersports building.
- The Visitor Centre Start is at the NorthEast side of the Visitor Centre building.
How to get a map
- From Trafford Water Sports Centre Reception. Open 10 – 4 every day. Chris: 0161 962 9893
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Parks d Toilets Cafe Picnic areas
- On E side of M60(J6). Follow ‘Trafford Water Sports Centre’ signs from roundabout. Pass the metro station. The Visitor Centre (now closed but has toilets and cafe) is on the right. Or continue to the Trafford Water Sports Centre.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 802 929 Postcode: M33 2LX
Other useful information
- Cafe Metro is open Tue-Sun 9.30-3.30 during the winter. Facebook page
- Wikipedia entry for Sale Water Park
- VisitManchester site for Sale Water Park
- WaterSports Centre
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.