- Last checked April 2021. Everything OK.
- nb. the rotted post J has been replaced a few metres away on the path junction rather than the ditch side.
- L may be tricky to find, X may be hiding behind vegetation. Note that several controls are not posts, but small wooden plaques attached to fences or gates.
- There are some very significant ditches which should only be crossed by marked bridges – vole habitat work is ongoing. Take care to be on the right side of them.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, 1:4000. Last updated June 2020.
- The Start/Finish is on a fence corner, just down the track off Riverside Drive, where you park on the street.
How to get a map
Urmston Meadows waterproof print£1.25
Urmston Meadows PDF£1.25
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- None. Roadside parking only
- From the A6144, south of the M60, take the B5158 to Flixton then turn right onto the B5213, Church Road. After 0.8 of a mile turn right into Southgate. Park at the bottom or just round into Riverside Drive, where you will find the entrance to Urmston Meadows.
- OS Grid Reference: SJ 759 936 Postcode: M41 9FL
Other useful information
- VisitManchester web site for Urmston Meadows
- Friends of Urmston Meadows Facebook page
- Maintained by GMOA
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.