- Last checked July 2018. Everything OK – except a user report has just come in (31 Oct) that post VV has been vandalised and is now lying down somewhere near its true position.
- NB. A new road is to be constructed along the North edge of the map, sometime in the future, which should only affect post L. However, Post R has been hit by a contractors vehicle, and new shallow ditches have been dug adjacent to posts M and I.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:7500. Last updated 2015.
- The Start/Finish is at a path junction about 600m from the small car park on the A577, along the disused railway.
How to get a map
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park
- South side of Wigan Road (A577), 0.5km west of Hindley at dismantled railway crossing.
- OS Grid Reference: SD611046. Post Code: WN2 3BU
Other useful information
- Park Contact: Groundwork Lancashire West and Wigan, 74-80 Hallgate, Wigan WN1 1HP, tel: 01942 821 444
- Wigan Council web site for Amberswood
- Friends of Amberswood web site
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.