- Last checked August 2023. Everything OK.
- NB. A new pond has appeared just East of post V.
- NB. A new school has been built 100m west of control Z, but is not yet on the map. You can easily follow the new paths around the eastern and northern fences of the school..
- NB. A new road is to be constructed along the North edge of the map, sometime in the future, which should only affect post L. However, Post R has been hit by a contractors vehicle, and new shallow ditches have been dug adjacent to posts M and I.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:7500. Last updated April 2023.
- The Start/Finish is at a path junction about 600m from the small car park on the A577, along the disused railway.
How to get a map
Amberswood waterproof print£1.25
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park
- South side of Wigan Road (A577), 0.5km west of Hindley at dismantled railway crossing.
- OS Grid Reference: SD611046. Post Code: WN2 3BU
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Park Contact: Groundwork Lancashire West and Wigan, 74-80 Hallgate, Wigan WN1 1HP, tel: 01942 821 444
- Wigan Council web site for Amberswood
- Friends of Amberswood web site
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.