- Last checked November 2017 – everything OK except:
- V – has been moved along with its lion statue to just outside the Courtyard SE corner;
X – is now inside a new pig enclosure;
R, TI – missing.
Orienteering map details
- Haigh Country Park – the full area – A4 Portrait, Scale 1:10000. Last updated 2014.
- Haigh Hall – the North end – A4 Portrait, Scale 1:6000. Last updated 2014.
- The map is in need of major work especially around the hall area which is still being re-developed. More rhododendrons have been removed from the lower plantations opening the park up but young growth, fallen trees and undergrowth are blocking out some of the old paths.
- The Start/Finish for both sets of courses is at a road junction in the NW corner of the map.
How to get a map
- From the Information Centre and cafe in park. Daily 8.30 – 3.30
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe Picnic area
- NB. The car parking is Pay-and-Display
- From M61 (J6) follow A6 S for 300m to traffic lights. Turn R on to B5239 (Aspull). At large roundabout in Aspull go straight ahead and continue for 1/2 mile to sharp RH bend in Haigh village. Turn L here to reach carpark after 1/2 mile.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 597 088. Postcode: WN2 1PE
Other useful information
- Information Centre 01942 832895
- Wigan Council web site for Haigh Hall and Country Park
- Wigan Leisure and Culture Trust web site for Haigh Woodland Park
- Friends of Haigh Country Park web site
- Wikipedia entry for Haigh Hall (including Haigh Country Park)
- Visit North West web site for Haigh Hall and Haigh Country Park
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click [replace id=”inpection_link_cl”] to submit your report.