- Last checked December 2020 – T1 is missing … also
- V – has been moved along with its lion statue to just outside the Courtyard SE corner;
X – is now inside a new pig enclosure, please don’t enter;
R – is missing but within a new fenced off area; TI – missing.
- Y2 and G are difficult to access, especially in wet weather; Z has a fallen tree North of it
- Map is being updated and missing posts will be replaced or resited.
Orienteering map details
- Haigh Country Park – the full area – A4 Portrait, Scale 1:10000. Last updated 2014.
- Haigh Hall – the North end – A4 Portrait, Scale 1:6000. Last updated 2014.
- The area around the hall and stables is still in a state of flux. Rhododendron clearing is still in progress in the lower plantations (south of the canal). Fenced off areas (3 of them) now exist although the area south of the canal looks like it is in the process of being dismantled. In certain areas wind blown fallen trees are blocking certain routes.
- The Start/Finish for both sets of courses is at a road junction in the NW corner of the map.
How to get a map
Haigh Country Park waterproof print£1.75
Haigh Country Park PDF£1.75
Haigh Hall waterproof print£0.75
Haigh Hall PDF£0.75
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe z Playground X Picnic area
- NB. The car parking is Pay-and-Display
- From M61 (J6) follow A6 S for 300m to traffic lights. Turn R on to B5239 (Aspull). At large roundabout in Aspull go straight ahead and continue for 1/2 mile to sharp RH bend in Haigh village. Turn L here to reach carpark after 1/2 mile.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 597 088. Postcode: WN2 1PE
Other useful information
- Information Centre 01942 832895
- Wigan Council web site for Haigh Hall and Country Park
- Friends of Haigh Country Park web site
- Wikipedia entry for Haigh Hall (including Haigh Country Park)
- Visit North West web site for Haigh Hall and Haigh Country Park
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.