- Last checked July 2023 – the long-awaited map and course update is now available. Get yourself new maps and enjoy what may well be our most technical permanent courses !!
- NB. The road past the Hall is currently shut off, temporarily, due to building works which will last for approximately three years. The road may be opened and closed many times during the three years. If you arrive and the road is closed off then please follow the diversions indicated by the on site notices.
Orienteering map details
- Haigh Woodland Park – the full area – A4 Portrait, Scale 1:10000. Last updated 2023.
- Haigh Hall – the North end – A4 Portrait, Scale 1:6000. Last updated 2023.
- The Start/Finish for both sets of courses is at a road junction in the NW corner of the map.
How to get a map
Haigh Woodland Park waterproof print£2.00
Haigh Woodland Park PDF£2.00
Haigh Hall waterproof print£1.00
Haigh Hall PDF£1.00
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- K Car Park d Toilets Cafe z Playground X Picnic area
- NB. The car parking is Pay-and-Display
- From M61 (J6) follow A6 S for 300m to traffic lights. Turn R on to B5239 (Aspull). At large roundabout in Aspull go straight ahead and continue for 1/2 mile to sharp RH bend in Haigh village. Turn L here to reach carpark after 1/2 mile.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 597 088. Postcode: WN2 1PE
- Public transport options
Other useful information
- Information Centre 01942 832895
- Wigan Council web site for Haigh Hall and Woodland Park
- Friends of Haigh Woodland Park web site
- Wikipedia entry for Haigh Hall (including Haigh Woodland Park)
- Visit North West web site for Haigh Hall and Haigh Woodland Park
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.