- Last checked February 2019. All posts in good condition with all courses viable.
- Controls N, P, Q may become overgrown in Summer.
Orienteering map details
- A4 Landscape, Scale 1:7500. Last updated 2014.
- The Start/Finish is at a copse adjacent to the car park at the lake.
How to get a map
- From the Park Ranger – Ring the contact number below.
Also Haigh Country Park Information Centre
- Or buy any map from Get a Map
- Or order any map by post by downloading the Map order form
- K Car Park d Toilets Picnic area
- From M6(J23) follow A49 N for 1 mile to A58. Turn R and follow A58 for 1/2 mile. Turn L on to B5207 (Bryn Road). After 400m turn R on to Lockett Road and follow to 2nd sharp L bend. Take Three Sisters Road on R to park.
- OS Grid Reference: SD 579 011. Postcode: WN4 8DD
Other useful information
- Park Ranger tel: 01942 720453
- Wigan Council web site for Three Sisters Recreation Area
- Friends of Three Sisters web site
- Wikipedia entry for Three Sisters Recreation Area
- Maintained by GMOA.
- Postwatchers, please click here to submit your report.